News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Livingston, NY - May 10 & 11, 2014

Started by Another D.O.M., May 12, 2014, 11:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Another D.O.M.

This was our second Appleseed event this year at the Kalicoontie Rod & Gun Club in Livingston.  In March we were awarding Winterseed patches, with temps on Sunday below 0.  This weekend we were chased off the range on Saturday afternoon by thunderheads, and the temperature on Sunday was close to 80.

I'd like to thank Kalicoontie and its President Joe DiStefano for allowing us to present another fine group of Americans with our program.  Joe made sure there was a hot lunch available for attendees on both days, and he also was able to be on the firing line for the weekend.

We had a group of six students this weekend, comfortable for this small range in Columbia County (the tick capital of NY State - and they were present to greet us early on Saturday morning!).  Besides Joe we also had Pam (our newest Applecore member), Bob & Richard as Appleseed veterans; and we were joined by Lee & Lynn for their first Appleseed.  After a couple of necessary rifle swaps and sight adjustments folks began to settle in and the improvement was obvious.  Joe shot a 206 on Saturday afternoon just before the rain arrived.

Lee and Pam were our two rifleman score shooters (Lee shot a couple of 220s on Sunday, Pam finished the weekend with a high AQT score of 217); Lynn discovered that she could see the Stage 4 silhouettes with a scope (she began the weekend shooting the Marlin 795 LTR w/ TechSights); and everyone went home knowing what they need to work on before their next Appleseed.

Much thanks to the crew - Smurf, longrange and Krisker - for helping to send our students home with big smiles, a greater knowledge of how and why our nation came into being, and a heightened appreciation for the sacrifices required - both then and now - to retain and preserve our birthright from those who would steal it away from us.  And thanks to kimbers for pitching in on the line when needed.

As we were heading for home on Sunday evening, Joe was already planning for another event at Kalicoontie later in the year.
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Smurf

Saturday Pictures!

Smurf

Sunday Redcoats!!

Josey Wales

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

Grumpy1

Ninshos Battle Road IBC 6-13

"They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Smurf

More Sunday Pictures!!!

Smurf

Awards Pictures!!!

LittleMo

Growing old is mandatory; Growing up is optional!  :)

Marksmanship can be taught and learned,
but the motivation has to be inspired for the
people to become involved.
How many have you inspired that became involved?

http://www.facebook.com/NYSAppleseed
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectAppleseedVermont

Pallet Boy

Had a great weekend with a dedicated group of instructors and eager shooters.  Digested lots of marksmanship skills as well as some historical facts of our country's beginnings.  Overall i had a very positive experience and can't wait to attend the next event.  The volunteer staff running this shoot was awesome.  I thank them for the time and effort they give throughout the year at shoots like this.  I would recommend anyone who shoots to attend at least one appleseed.  Not only may you walk away with some new skills, but i am sure you will have a great time hearing about our history and meeting some new folks.  Young or old, expert or novice,  the instructors will make you feel comfortable and tackle any problems that may arise.  I give them 4 stars. ****  As a target shooter and hunter i can say i have seen results in my performance from attending a weekend.  Oh ! and by the way,  it was fun !!!

Glock40

This was my first Appleseed shoot but wont be my last. The instructors really make the weekend and I cant thank Gunny enough for loaning me his rifle. I'm proud of the 222 I shot but could not have done it without his generosity.  :bow: O0