News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Help for Liberty Center

Started by Corvette, May 06, 2014, 12:29:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Hello Ohio Appleseed

Unbridled Liberty from Ky has put together a shoot in June at Liberty Center Ohio.  He is going to need some help from the Ohio team in running this shoot.  Let's show him we are great hosts and let's give him plenty of support. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

slim

I'm 80% in but may have some personal issues that weekend so I haven't signed up yet. Planning on being there though.

If there's room in the Libertymobile, I hope Kevin can just pick me up as he rolls up I-75.  :cool2:

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: slim on May 06, 2014, 12:41:33 AM
I'm 80% in but may have some personal issues that weekend so I haven't signed up yet. Planning on being there though.

If there's room in the Libertymobile, I hope Kevin can just pick me up as he rolls up I-75.  :cool2:

I'll figure out a way to squeeze you in.  O0

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

slim

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: slim on May 08, 2014, 09:52:01 PM
I can always ride on top!

Eh...that might mess up the low-drag aerodynamics of the LibertyMobile, you know, with the mohawk and all.  Maybe I could get one of those dead deer racks for the hitch though.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

HippieChick

I talked to Kevin in Indy 'bout it. I switched weekends to work another event the week before, but if I can keep the Liberty Center weekend free, I figure on coming. I can do registration and RSO, be the modeling dummy, whatever. And, uh, baked goods.

Cadence

UL,
Signed up yesterday. See you then.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: HippieChick on May 10, 2014, 12:20:29 AM
I talked to Kevin in Indy 'bout it. I switched weekends to work another event the week before, but if I can keep the Liberty Center weekend free, I figure on coming. I can do registration and RSO, be the modeling dummy, whatever. And, uh, baked goods.

Quote from: Cadence on May 12, 2014, 11:51:39 AM
UL,
Signed up yesterday. See you then.

A hearty HUZZAH! to both of you.   :bow: Thank you!

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

I want to personally thank the Ohio cadre for stepping up for this shoot.  As of this moment we have 5 instructors signed up.   O0

We have 23 shooters pre-registered and they break down as follows: 14 adults and 9 youth.   The ages of the youth are 9, 10, 10, 10, 12, 15, 15, 15, 16.  I love seeing so many youth signed up.   ^:)^  Slim and HippieChick, I hope you can both still make it, as well as anyone else who wants to assist.

I'd like to email all instructors a copy of my instructional plan and have you sign up for what you need/want to do.  Those who need to do a POI or history for a PC get first dibs on choices.  So, please send me an email at ky@appleseedinfo.org and I will email you a copy of the plan. 

Thanks again everyone!

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

slim

Anyone have a line on the facilities there? Running water, portapotty, covered shelter, air conditioner, free HBO, etc.?

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: slim on June 02, 2014, 05:23:45 PM
Anyone have a line on the facilities there? Running water, portapotty, covered shelter, air conditioner, free HBO, etc.?

I have asked Shane (sorry i forgot his forum name) to stop by and answer range-specific questions.  I can tell you what the host put on the app:
Potable water= yes
Classroom= yes
Restrooms= porta-potti (1), men's restroom (1), women's restroom (1)

There is a little history in this area related to Appleseed and the Rev War...
The Maumee River is just a short distance away.  John Chapman himself may have walked over this very property, since he followed the Maumee on his seed-planting walk through the northwest territory.  The Anthony Wayne Trail runs along the river.  General "Mad" Anthony Wayne, a Rev War hero, built a fort at Fort Wayne, IN and also Defiance, OH (where I lived for over 11 years).  He marched along the river towards Toledo and engaged and defeated the Indians at a place called Fallen Timbers.  I'm sure there is much more and I'm hoping the locals can entertain us with some history of their own around the campfire Saturday night.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

topper

Hi folks. I'm the local boots on the ground for the Liberty Center shoot. I've been working on this since attending an Appleseed in Gibsonburg last fall. After talking to many family and friends locally it seemed that no one had heard of The Applseed Project. Since nobody had heard of it they weren't willing to drive 1-2 hours to find out for themselves. Fast forward 8-10 months and here we are.

I don't have much experience with the club. They hadn't heard of Applseed before I met with them but were willing to listen. After our meeting they were willing to sign on.

There is an open sided shelter house and an indoor club house with running water. I'll find out about having access to the inside facilities. Primitive camping is available at the host club and I will make more sites available if need be with the addition of a flush toilet. The second location is approximately 10 minutes away from the club. Campfires should be fine at either location.

I'll try to answer any questions you have.

Unbridled Liberty

SOLD OUT!  HUZZAH!  Thanks Topper and everyone else for your tremendous promo efforts on this shoot.   O0

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Corvette

Update on Liberty Center shoot.

Unbridled Liberty is needed at a KD shoot the following weekend in Indiana and I will be shoot bossing the event at Liberty Center in two weeks. The shoot is sold out so we still could use more help on the line so all you Orange hats, step on up.  Will pass out assignments later this week for everybody. I will be camping both Friday and Saturday. Be talking with everybody shortly.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Unbridled Liberty

I am disappointed that I can't boss this shoot.  I have been looking forward to this for many, many months, and it is always extra exciting and encouraging when a shoot sells out.  But, as  -:) says, whatever the mission requires.  My special thanks to topper for his tremendous persistence in making this happen, and for his outstanding promo efforts.  I hope he leaves the shoot with an orange hat.   :cool2: And thanks to Corvette for adopting this baby.   :bow:  Get it done Buckeyes!   I'll see you on the trail.  O0

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Unbridled Liberty

Corvette needs about 5 bricks of .22 for youth for this event  Does anybody know who in Ohio got in on the Federal ATK youth ammo deal?  If so, can you get word to them and see that Corvette gets this ammo before next weekend?  One reason so many youth are signed up for this is due to the promise of ammo for them.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Corvette

Yes please contact me here or at srb@teamsol.com or 614-562-8321.

Corvette

slim

That would be DGMilty. I'll loop him in on this.

topper

If you have the ammo great, if not I think I can cover it.

Please bring spare rifles and slings. I've got 3 rifles spoken for but not sure that's enough.

We have a full line (24) plus a couple possible walk ons.

Could I get a complete list of the registration list?

Thanks

Corvette

Topper send me an email address and I will send pre reg list

Corvette

Unbridled Liberty

Any Ohio/Michigan/Indiana instructors who are on the fence as far as signing up for this should consider that other than the one BOTG for this event, every single shooter is a first-time Appleseeder.  An entire line of folks who will be hearing the Story for the first time.  O0 An entire line of shooters who are not used to our safety procedures.   :sos:  They can't have too much help for this.

UL
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave