News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Noblesville, IN 5/3-4 2014

Started by spitfire51, May 05, 2014, 12:22:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spitfire51

Someone once told me that whenever there's a puddle or muddy patch at a shooting range, the pistol shooters step around it, the shotgunners step over it, and the Riflemen lay in it.  We certainly proved that point this weekend at Hamilton County Fish and Game in Noblesville, IN.  It was a small but determined group that showed up at the very wet range, but that didn't stop us from a fun-filled and productive weekend.  Only two of our shooters were able to return on Sunday, and only for a limited time, but we still managed to make it to the KD range.  That steel had a nice ring to it when hit.  One lesson learned, even a "heavy-duty" chain hinge won't withstand an impact from a .44 magnum.

I'd like to thank our students who worked hard this weekend.  Aaron will no doubt be able to get a Rilfeman patch very soon once he figures out the intricacies of the AQT.  Amanda built a solid foundation from which to work with, especially for having not shot for a long time.  I'm sorry you two couldn't come back for day 2.  Matt, you did quite well for shooting with borrowed rifles all weekend.  And Alex, that look on your face when you got to shoot centerfire (especially when you hit the steel with your first shot from an AR) is one of the big reasons we do these events. 

I hope you all come back and join us again, but remember, don't come alone.
"A vote is like a rifle, its usefulness depends on the character of the user" -Theodore Roosevelt

mulsas

Clothes are clean, but I haven't tackled the tarp or the blanket yet, they can stay hidden in the back of the truck for now.  Thank you for taking the time to teach, we learned so much.   When I got home Monday evening, I asked Alex if he caught himself daydreaming about being back at the range.  He said he did, and I told him "that's fine, I did too."  I even commented to him that he has no room to complain about geometry in school now, because he sees that he really will be using that stuff.

Now...we just keep practicing.