News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Bedford, IN May 3 and 4, 2014 Bedford Contingent

Started by Slow2Speak, May 04, 2014, 10:59:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slow2Speak

Well we did not save the country this weekend at the Bomb Range but we made progress for sure. Chilidog asked if I wanted my red pillow case back from atop the Liberty Pole I said not till the country is saved or it rots off will it come down. He said ok.
Thanks to all that came out especially parents that brought there kids to me thats taking good care of the children. Congratulations to Scott on the Riflemans patch we had several others real close to them I say persist you will get there.
We got alot of pictures this weekend and they will be posted in the next few days keep checking back. Everybody feel free to post comments on the weekend.

SPQR

Another great event at Bedford.  Another real good Sunday dinner.  I would post some pics but i can't make tumblr behave.  I'll hand a jump drive off to techres tomorrow and he will sort it out.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

techres

It never ceases to amaze me how much people will scramble to get to a Bedford Appleseed, and it is always worth it:

Bedford 5/2014 Picture Album

I was only there for a short bit, but as always, there was learning going on, smile abounding and tons of rifle fire.

Lovely.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

redbaron

What a great weekend at an awesome range! This was my first time at the BC but it won't be my last. I really enjoyed seeing all the families on the line and even the grandparents and great grandparents that brought their grand-kids out to shoot.

Everyone showed great improvement over the weekend. Keep practicing and focusing on the 6 steps and steady hold factors. Persist!

Can't wait to see the rest of the pictures.

swramsey

Wow! What an awesome weekend! This was my first Appleseed and what a great experience.All of the instructors were very knowledgeable in their craft. This one kid on the line with me never stopped grinning, it was great to so many kids and teens their to hear some great history and rifle instruction. I felt like an old man after looking and seeing all the young ones around,but then I remembered I was about that age when my Dad introduced me to shooting, and it has stuck with me my whole life. It was great having my son  right next to me on the firing line. I can't thank the instructors enough for their time and effort ,I'm a better rifleman than I was before the weekend started. Plus I witnessed Slim riding a dirt bike for the first time that was a hoot. Definitely looking forward to the fall shoot , hope to bring the rest of the family.Can't wait to see the weekends pics. It begins here!

greyfox

This was my second Appleseed.

America may not yet be saved and I may not yet be a rifleman (204), but I have had the opportunity to see, once again in my life, true commitment to purposeful mission align with passion and competence in leadership...volunteer leadership at that! 

To all the overworked, but immensely patient Appleseed instructors and to the ubiquitous and thoughtful volunteers at the Bedford Contingent...thank you.

And, yes... in belated response to one instructor's guidance on the firing line that there is "more to being a rifleman than good groups in the prone position", my thinking is that the creator has endowed us with a potentially infinite capacity to find infinite depth and connection within and between all things. NPOA is in all things...certainly embedded in the fluid muscle memory of a practiced guitarist or in the hand / eye coordination of a traditional archer who has in his or her lifetime internalized the trajectory of a thousand arrows. NPOA is also in the stories.

See you again in Nashville. 

Slow2Speak

Everybody look close at Techres post there is a link to photos below the picture he posted I am also expecting more photos to be posted later.

techres

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

SPQR

It's tough when your only net access is a phone and you get poor signal in the boonies
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Chilidog

Thank you to all the families who came out to the shoot. It is always great to see so many kids on the line conducting themselves in a responsible manor. Our nation still has hope in our youth!
congradulations Scott! SPQR, if had started sendin them there picktures by smoke signals youed ah hav them doned by now......Amerca!
Chilidog......not Corndog!
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine

techres

Quote from: SPQR on May 08, 2014, 07:35:05 AM
It's tough when your only net access is a phone and you get poor signal in the boonies

I feel for you. 

slim

There's but a whisper..... Bedford.... the Bomb Range.... the Bedford Contingent..... the fried chicken.....

It's all true!

For years I'd heard about these folks putting on a good show and they didn't disappoint. My first trip to the BC on official business and I was impressed. Hands down the epitome of an Appleseed experience and what a sense of community is all about. This was my first time... but it won't be my last. I won't, however, be riding the dirt bike again. Troy was right about what happens to old dudes when they ride it. My elbows and shoulders still feel like someone tried to rip my arms out of their sockets. Luckily I didn't feel any of that when we were ringin steel at 300. HUZZAH!!!!

Thanks to everyone for putting on such a fine show - including the shooters! What fun we had and what improvement everyone made. Keep up the good work and don't forget to dry fire practice. See y'all on the line again soon.

There sure is a lot of 'merica on this line!

Red Hats came out early to raise the red flag atop the Liberty Pole.

Since Roman times the red hat atop the pole has signified patriots must act to overthrow tyrants.

When they heard that bell toll, every man jack one of em put on their hunting shirt, got three days buscuit, grabbed their kit and hit the door. They were at Davis' smithy in less than 30 minutes traveling on foot through the woods on deer paths and goat trails. They knew what the sound of that bell meant. And they went anyway.

"That gorget is hangin there to let Tories know what we're doin this weekend."

facebook was invented long before 1775.

Shooters start getting prepped.

Shooters, your preparation period begins now!

Redcoats don't stand a chance at the BC.

We have some stuff to work on...

What'd you do with your life?

"Well,... You just hold real still."

Slow2Speak is big as a grenadier but he's mushy on the inside.

"That way toward freedom."

Redbaron stood a sentry's post over the line All. Day. LONG!

Rayne and SPQR show us how the sitting position is done.

Slow2Speak and SPQR show us the standing position.

Rayne tells us the 3rd Strike of the Match.

Which way is a safe direction?

Them's some good vittles!

If you had any question at all where you were.... you're in 'MERICA!!!!

slim

Boy, that white Appleseed really pops on that black shirt.  O0

Nero

I'm giving those boots the Nero & American Amazon Fabulous Footwear Award in absentia - they're teh awesome!

That place looks better every time I see it, gotta get back there again soon.
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Rayne

~
QuoteDo not forget those who fought for your Liberties and Freedoms and take care to guard them against all tyranny.

SPQR

Always a spot for you . 

You see, the thing about climbing a 30 foot pine pole at dawn to remind the Tories who runs the show in these parts is....well.....

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

Orangedotfever

No orange hats at Bedford this time. I really feel like I let my home range down. Sorry BC, I'll get my ducks in a row very soon. Just a lot of stuff overflowing my bucket right now but you all shouldn't have to be short handed over it. Forgive me and see you soon.
"Need", has nothing to do with it!

"Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"I'd like to know why well-educated idiots keep apologizing for lazy and complaining people who think the world owes them a living."  John Wayne

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb deciding what to have for dinner.
Liberty is a well armed lamb.

Unbridled Liberty

I will be there in September to experience The Awesome. 

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Chilidog

The BC gang is going to have a GREAT September shoot! We look forward to seeing you there!
No better investment can you make than in your fellow American. For it will pay off in future generations of Americans to come.

"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it" - Thomas Paine