News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waitsburg, WA May 3 & 4 AAR

Started by Kimber Custom, May 02, 2014, 02:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kimber Custom

Eagerly anticipating another great weekend of Heritage & Marksmanship.

Earl

This was a fine Appleseed. Beautiful weather, great shooters, fine crew and over coming all the challenges of being far from home. Will add more after a solid night's sleep.

Waitsburg Gun Club Main http://www.waitsburggunclub.com/

Okay, one cup of coffee and some unloading of the Caravan.
The Appleseed was just like it should always be, interested shooters, rifles, ammunition and targets, a fine RWVA crew and the cooperation of the weather, timed perfectly.

One should never have an Appleseed without travel challenges and adventures, exploration of new areas and fondness for the fauna.

I didn't get many pictures, hopefully all the other folks taking them will post their best.

Lots of family sharing the marksmanship and our heritage, please spread the word about what really happened on April 19th, 1775.

Need the second cup of coffee, so you can have some pictures.

... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Kimber Custom

Well, alternator catching on fire and all - I had a great time this weekend. The improvement I saw in group size from Sat AM to Sun AM was impressive. Adding another youth Rifleman to the ranks just reinforces why we do what we do.

Thank you all for coming out and bringing your great attitudes :)

kenjo

Was this the best turnout yet for Waitsburg? Looks like a great group of shooters and instructors, with a few turkeys wandering around. I'm sure the deer on the hillside have the safety rules memorized by now!
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Kimber Custom

Well according to our COI you were supposed to join us. Final Redcoat on Saturday listed Kenjo as instructor. But don't worry - we covered for you :)

Yes, I believe this is a high for Waitsburg.

Based on the way the wildlife was flaunting itself at us we decided they must have read the rules about no shooting the wildlife. It was the 6 steps that the turkeys were starting to echo by the end of the weekend. We hit them hard.

kenjo

Quote from: Kimber Custom on May 05, 2014, 03:41:25 PM
Well according to our COI you were supposed to join us. Final Redcoat on Saturday listed Kenjo as instructor. But don't worry - we covered for you :)

Well, I was there in spirit, anyway, but had other commitments. I take it my designated replacement (the whitetail buck that attended last year) didn't show up either?

:pop:
"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

Flipper

Well had truck problems on the way out there but it was good once we got started. Started out slow but as the weather improved and the sun came out it got much better. The shooters were very much eager to learn and by Sunday morning the improvement of groups was night and day ..:.. Day 2 I worked with Dale on the far left he did a great job he came out with a top score of 120 with iron sights  ^:)^ Madison got her Rifleman patch congrats to her as well.

I was so happy about the instructors getting to shoot after everyone left on Saturday that was great.
Kimber also brought out the musket and let anyone who wanted to shoot it could that was cool

Thank you everyone who came this weekend we had a great turn out for Waitsburg the President Fred was very pleased with us

janer

Very nice weekend.  Great group of shooters, ready to learn.  Shooters, if you find the "Do your homework page" in the handouts, it really does help. 

Earl

This is my video of Kimber Custom firing his Brown Bess, which he kindly shared with many shooters on Sunday.

http://youtu.be/UP9ha31EfMM
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

twoclones

and I very much appreciated getting to shoot the Brown Bess :)