News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coupeville, WA 26-27 Apr 2014 AAR

Started by Earl, April 27, 2014, 11:26:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

https://picasaweb.google.com/114358761294115137481/CoupevilleWAAppleseedApril2014?authkey=Gv1sRgCOrky4bA98S-ZA

Good morning, Appleseed World! Here on Whidbey Island in the wonderful Great NorthWest, day two of our Appleseed. The Sun shined yesterday, the rain was chased south and we covered Three Strikes and all shooting to the point of two AQTs and two Redcoats, sighting square, Ball and dummy and steady hold factors and positions. Two hundred and eleven rounds were required, if you were firing at the Rifleman's Cadence.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Snoplop

It was a pleasure being around such a great crowd of hard working patriotic folks all weekend, hope to see you all again at future Project Appleseed shoots.   O0

Now a blast from the past- took some time to sort..... :pics:

Drum roll........ :pop: badaboom, there ya go... a link to the photos from Sunday's shoot.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114358761294115137481/CoupevilleAppleseedApril272014?authkey=Gv1sRgCLbV_Imj0r3v1AE

A special thank you to all that helped packing/cleaning up at the end of the shoot- It was very appreciated.  :)

OKokok.... ..:.. I'll clam up and give Earl, Ralph and Tracey the floor to entertain & inspire us with words of wisdom. :)
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

Smallfarmer76

Had a wonderful time! Brought my #2 daughter to her #1 Appleseed.... had some firing pin issues but thanks to Tracey and family for letting her try out a couple different rifles. Thanks also to Nikki for taking time to help Janett through the first few hours. Great to work with Earl again. I didn't patch this time, but will work on dry firing and NPOA. Thanks!

grantizzle

Had an excellent time. Thanks to all the people that put in the work to make these events possible.

restlessrobieguns

We had a great time Noah and DJ did well I was impressed with my wife Cheryl's improvement. I did not do as well as I could but I will be attending more in the future I am sure. The only issue I had was DJ loaded the rifle he borrowed into my case SO I need to get that rifle back to the owner and well let me know who and where I need to take it to please.
Erik

Tracey_B

HI Erik, That is ours. We can come get it. I can send you a private message with our phone number. Tracey

Earl

Okay, Earl is back on track. I emptied my Caravan totally, reorganized the Shoot Box materials, checked and cleaned my firearms, and ate food and drank lots of water. Still by evening I was tired - and I know how to do two days of Appleseed. ;D I hope you are all doing even better.

Thanks for a great weekend!

I want you to believe in getting into a sling, I have slings on all of my rifles except grandfather's Winchester 22LR pump.

I want you to believe in practice of everything we taught you, study the material I passed out as homework - sometimes you don't ask the question at the time because we want to shoot. You can ask questions on the forum, you will get answers and opinions.

I want you to read more about the American Revolution, there is a lot of great material out there. I want you to have the confidence that you know what really happened and why the people of New England marched to aid their neighbors in their troubles. We know they couldn't wait for evening news in their recliners.

For sure, I suggest that five days a week, you practice dry fire with your empty rifle to get into and out of positions (we can't all take yoga classes) and get solidly into the steady hold factors and NPOA adjustments. Just for the forty rounds of your AQT target that you have hung on the wall beside the Bloody Butchery broadside. Talk yourself through those six steps in making the shot, on every shot. Call your shot when the hammer falls (make sure you are using caps to dry fire upon - replacing my firing pin in my 190? target rifle would have bought me many rifles back in the day).

I hope to see you on the range again in the future, even better if it isn't at an Appleseed but from an invite to speak about the RWVA where you normally shoot.
We can find a more polished professional teller, honest. But remember the seventh step is that sharing of your experience on Appleseed with others that don't have an idea what all the fuss is about.  Your friends and neighbors don't want to be like the village of Waltham, spending the whole Wednesday working and not knowing that the regulars were out and Liberty was on the march. (page 146, The Middlesex Alarm map, Paul Revere's Ride).

I have to admire the number of family groups on this shoot, America was built by families going out to start a new life, a good life, a life worth all the trials of the trail. Hope to see you all on the Appleseed trail again. I am working three Appleseeds next month and will be back on Whidbey Island in October as Shoot Boss, and I will be going for inclusion of the Known Distance exercise that we didn't have time for this time. That hail storm and heavy rain held off just long enough for me, but those three motorcyclists looked so sad, as I drove to the ferry. Tracey_B ordered us some great weather.

Recommended as an advanced rifle course. Bookmark it one day.
Art of the Rifle http://artoftherifleblog.com/
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.