News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Centerville is fired up!

Started by Twineagles, April 26, 2014, 10:10:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Twineagles

We already have 11 shooters signed up for Centerville. Centerville, IA June 14-15, 2014. Phil Garrison, our LBOTG down there has been working it. We need to staff it now.

Don, Rodge and I will be in Shenandoah for a shoot that same weekend.

Mike

Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

Reload

FYI -- As of 5/27 There are 19 pre-regs, no SB, no instructors.

Yankeedutch

No worries Reload,
I will be the Shoot Boss.  We have instructors
who have committed.

Centerville shooters:
We have some .22 ammo available for youth shooters at a good price.
Please let us know if you need ammo.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Who will be there?
It should be a great time.

Dave
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Reload

Excellent!!!   ^:)^ ^:)^

Any shoot run by Dutch will be a good shoot!  AND HE HAS AMMO...who could want anything else.

I'm signed up, and expect to learn a lot...

Jerry

Yankeedutch

We were informed today that the 1/2 mile driveway to the Centerville range is not passable due to heavy rains.  We will not be able to host the shoot at Centerville. 

All is not lost however, with significant effort from our instructors, a range is available 25 miles away at Lovilia, Iowa.  All shooters who signed up will receive a notification with directions soon.
I will post directions here as well when I receive them.
Please stay tuned and let others know about it.

I am sorry for the inconvenience.  We will make the best out of it however.
Dave
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

Yankeedutch

As promised... here is a map and directions to the range.  These will also be e-mailed out to our registered shooters tomorrow morning.  We will accept walk-ons as well if you still want to join us.  It seems like many of those signed up for Centerville will join us at Lovilia. 
We will start at 8:30 on Saturday.
See you at the range!
Dave
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke

Yankeedutch

With all of the challenges, it sounds like we will have a good shoot tomorrow.

The Lovilia range is ready.
We had some instructors and volunteers spend about 5 hours on the range today getting it ready.
Thanks guys!

We have contacted everyone and it sound like we still may have 12-15 people coming.
Once again, walk-ons are welcome as well.

Dave
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke

Yankeedutch

Day one was a success!  The new range worked out great.
A beautiful day in the shade.
We had 13 shooters.  It sounds like tomorrow we may
have a couple more.
It was a very attentive and fun group.
Bryce and Jerry did a great job telling the strikes.
Look forward to tomorrow.
Dave
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke

Reload

Day 2 was excellent as well!  Looking forward to the AAR thread.

Jerry

Pain Killer

Great job acquiring another range and making that event happen!  O0
"We have staked the whole of all our political Institutions upon the capacity of mankind for Self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to The Ten Commandments of God." - James Madison

Yankeedutch

Thx PK.  It was an all out team effort.
I can't take much credit at all.
We got a new rifleman and a couple
will make it next time!
We may have some new IITs as well.
Dave
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke

Yankeedutch

What a great weekend!!
Here's a quick picture.
See our After Action Report and more pictures at:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=41451.0

Thank you to those who made the shoot possible and especially to the shooters who made this weekend a joy!

Dave

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Edmund Burke