News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ruger 10/22 50th Anniversary LTR Released Today!

Started by Harry Meanwell, April 25, 2014, 09:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burnett

SWEET!
and
Aw crap, not I got another gun I'll be having to spend money on.

DrRichP

Very cool. I can't wait to get one. I wrote Ruger to see if they will be available through the IP, and if so at what price. As soon as I know either way, I'll post it here and let everyone know.

Follow-Up: No, it will not be available through the IP.  :'(
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

MedievalEngineer

If someone sees one of these in person, can you get some close-up pictures of the front and rear sights?  I'm curious how the sight adjustments will work.  Thanks!

GoldFish

Quote from: MedievalEngineer on April 27, 2014, 01:33:40 PM
If someone sees one of these in person, can you get some close-up pictures of the front and rear sights?  I'm curious how the sight adjustments will work.  Thanks!

Dang, just saw this, sitting on the far side of TSA at the airport...
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

Trisha

I took a look at this rifle and it just looked like tech sights on them if that helps. 

SteelThunder

Quote from: Trisha on April 27, 2014, 07:53:01 PM

I took a look at this rifle and it just looked like tech sights on them if that helps.

Just some clarifications.  Drift windage adjustable blade front.  Drift windage adjustable, elevational adjustable with a tool rear.

It is a fine looking rifle with nearly everything just right.  The stock feels very substantial and comfortable in the hand.  The low rear comb is perfect for iron sight cheek weld as I'm expecting the high comb to be for optics.

We should take every opportunity we can to thank Ruger for producing it and how we will welcome it on our lines as it solves many issues we often see.  Hopefully, Ruger will see what a great org we are and want to work with us in the future!
NRA Patron Member, SAF Life Member
NRA Certified Rifle Instructor, RSO
Warlord of the West

Ultima vox civis
"Learning occurs only after repetitive, demoralizing failures." - Pat Rogers
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil; God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer
"So live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart." - Tecumseh
"Never attribute to treachery, that which can adequately be explained by incompetence" - Bonaparte, Hanlon, et al

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: DrRichP on April 26, 2014, 06:49:28 AM
Very cool. I can't wait to get one. I wrote Ruger to see if they will be available through the IP, and if so at what price. As soon as I know either way, I'll post it here and let everyone know.

Word?
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

FiremanBob

Not to be a party pooper, but "drift adjustable" is worse than useless. It means paying more for a rifle with these "features" and then having to shell out $$ for proper sights.
Author of "The 10/22 Companion: How to Operate, Troubleshoot, Maintain and Improve Your Ruger 10/22"

"Remember constantly that a nation cannot long remain strong when each man in it is individually weak, and that neither social forms nor political schemes have yet been found that can make a people energetic by composing it of pusillanimous and soft citizens." - de Tocqueville

DrRichP

Follow-Up: The Ruger 10/22 50th Anniversary LTR will not be available through the IP program.  #)
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

RODGE

Is Ruger referring to this anniversary rifle as a LTR?
What we allow is what will continue!

What have you done for LIBERTY today?

DrRichP

Quote from: RODGE on June 13, 2014, 02:47:57 PM
Is Ruger referring to this anniversary rifle as a LTR?

Ruger is not referring to this anniversary rifle as a LTR. The 10/22 LTR as we call it is referred to by Ruger as Model #11173.
DrRichP

fepowered

Quote from: FiremanBob on June 12, 2014, 08:37:10 AM
Not to be a party pooper, but "drift adjustable" is worse than useless. It means paying more for a rifle with these "features" and then having to shell out $$ for proper sights.
Ruger used off the shelf parts here to keep the cost down.   Most people do not shoot their 10/22 at 200M with iron sights.  Most people are not going to be messing with windage.  This is a non-issue for most purchasers.  The rail is built in for an optic which most people shooting 200M would be using.
"Today, we need a nation of Riflemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are
willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

Harry Meanwell

paulw

Quote from: Harry Meanwell on July 01, 2014, 03:16:25 AM
I didn't expect to see take-off parts for these rifles on the market so soon:

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/takeoffsruger1022contestrifle.html

I'd like to pick up one of those stocks, but from this statement their website, I'm not sure they have those parts at this point:

"NOTE: This is not an accurate current inventory of parts on hand but a list of parts that we may have in the shop from time to time. If you're interested in any of the take off parts, please phone to inquire. E-mail inquiries regarding take off parts will be disregarded. Sold as is. All sales final. No refunds or exchanges."

I'll try to call them later...