News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Tulsa, OK April 19-20 2014 AAR

Started by henschman, April 21, 2014, 01:54:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

henschman

We had a wonderful Lexington and Concord Anniversary Appleseed in Tulsa this weekend.  There were a lot of new Appleseeders on the line, and a lot of familiar faces as well.  Everyone worked hard and persisted, and we had three shoot Rifleman's scores.  Great job Kyle, Matt, and Paul -- welcome to the ranks of Riflemen.  Titus, a 9 year old marksman, persisted all day Saturday with us and got the Luther Blanchard patch.  We had an absolutely great bunch of people on the line, and I enjoyed spending time with every one of you.  I hope to see everyone again soon on the firing line!
"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

TomCat

Leah from Broken Arrow was a-"knockin' at the door" Sunday with a 194.  A lot of trigger control was learned and reinforced.  There was much learning about different rifles by shooters and instructors both. Paul from Tulsa made Rifleman on Sunday at his first Appleseed!
Motto of Oklahoma:  Labor Omnia Vincit-  "Hard work conquers all."

TomCat

Leah from Broken Arrow was a-"knockin' at the door" Sunday with a 194.  A lot of trigger control was learned and reinforced.  There was much learning about different rifles by shooters and instructors both. Paul from Tulsa made Rifleman on Sunday at his first Appleseed!

TomCat

The wind came "sweepin' 'cross the plains" on Saturday, but Sunday was near perfect with mild temps, and no glare from the sun behind heavy clouds.

TomCat

I was proud of everyone who showed up on this Easter weekend!  All received instructions well, and 9 yr old Titus was awesome on the firing line!  Sure hope we see him with his mom and dad at the next event.

SKSRifleman

This was a great group of shooters to work with. Congratulations to the three that crossed the finish line into Rifleman territory. It's also a great honor to share the history of our ancestors on the 239th anniversary.
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper

Ftk87

I'd like to see the pics from Saturday if anyone has them.

TomCat

Ftk87    Rinkrat was on that side of the burm Saturday and will be posting pics ASAP.  Be sure to check back in the next day or two to give him time in case he gets cornered by coyotes at work.

rinkrat

Great weekend for Appleseed!! Could not have had better weather or shooters!! I will post the pictures I have on my phone now and the Large group photos when I get home tonight.

rinkrat

Photos

rinkrat

Photos

rinkrat

Having problems loading photos, sorry will post when I get home tonight.

rinkrat

group higher res

rinkrat

photos

rinkrat

photos

rinkrat

rinkrat

I see a lot of people are looking at the photos. Please take the time and post your thoughts on appleseed. Thanks!!

rinkrat

Photos

rinkrat

Group photo that caught everyone by surprise

SKSRifleman

That was the best group photo I've ever seen  **)
The time is now near at hand which must probably determine, whether Americans are to be, Freemen, or Slaves; whether they are to have any property they can call their own; whether their Houses, and Farms, are to be pillaged and destroyed, and they consigned to a State of Wretchedness from which no human efforts will probably deliver them." - George Washington - July 2, 1776

"Like it or not, everything is changing. The result will be the most wonderful experience in the history of man or the most horrible enslavement that you can imagine. Be active or abdicate, the future is in your hands." - William Cooper

SKSRifleman

You just had to post those pictures of Al and me with the AR-15 :P :P :P

Harry Meanwell

Quote from: rinkrat on April 22, 2014, 10:49:37 AM
Great weekend for Appleseed!! Could not have had better weather or shooters!! I will post the pictures I have on my phone now and the Large group photos when I get home tonight.

Anybody else notice the odd coincidence in the group photo?

Harry Meanwell

Here's a hint:

Quote from: henschman on April 21, 2014, 01:54:08 AM
Everyone worked hard and persisted, and we had three shoot Rifleman's scores.  Great job Kyle, Matt, and Paul -- welcome to the ranks of Riflemen.

Weird.

henschman

Here's a good one: 

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual."
-- Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819

ItsYours

Because all three of us that made Rifleman this weekend are standing together??

JLW

I just wanted to say what a great class and how much I enjoyed it. I didn't make expert rifleman, but the improvement from where I started to where I finished was dramatic. Maybe at the next one. Thanks to all the volunteers and especially to Tomcat for all the one on one help.

Harry Meanwell

Quote from: ItsYours on April 22, 2014, 11:46:38 PM
Because all three of us that made Rifleman this weekend are standing together??

Bingo!

K98Al

It was a great, safe Saturday. Hated to miss out on Sunday's event, but it wasEaster....
Thanks for posting the pics of Anthony and I holding that plastic training tool. Incentive to come up with a new dummy rifle.
Before we can defeat our external enemies, we must first meet and defeat everything in ourselves that is weak, lazy, and cowardly; everything in our character that is materialistic rather than spiritual, which seeks weak compromise and accommodation rather than struggle and victory.

Surveyor1653

Great weekend.  Many thanks to the shooters for making it a very safe and enjoyable two days of shooting and instruction.  Thanks, too, to the Instructors for their continued guidance and assistance.  Congratulations to our new Riflemen for persisting.  We had many who were THIS close and who will earn theirs soon, as well.

It was good to see Al and Anthony stepping into the world of the modern battle rifle too!  Black suits you both.  :)
Essayons!

"Liberty — the freedom from unwarranted intrusion by government — is as easily lost through insistent nibbles by government officials who seek to do their jobs as by those whose sole purpose it is to oppress; the piranha can be as deadly as the shark." - Judge Alex Kozinski, US 9th Circuit Court