News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19 Shoot - Eleanor, WV.

Started by bigdrumdaddy, April 14, 2014, 02:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigdrumdaddy

Hiya! I'm a WV native long since gone to CO - but am back home tending to my ailing & elderly mother who's in a rehab Ctr recuperating from a broken shoulder. I'd like VERY MUCH to take part in the annual 19 April shoot if there's one being held near Eleanor. Oh, and I'll need to borrow a rifle for the commemorative volley. Had to pack & fly home in a hurry - so firearms weren't in the cards. But with a little help this old Marine would like to stand to on the line that fine day.
  Can anyone help me ? He'll, I'll even pay ya for the round I fire - and clean your rifle afterwards!
  Call me at mom's at 304.586.1738 or catch me my cell at 303.886.0865 - and/or leave a message at one or both. I'm running to & from the rehab Ctr and home these days - but can make time for the shoot. SEMPERVIVUM FI,
All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men should do nothing.
~ Edmund Burke

Unbridled Liberty

Unfortunately it appears that the redcoats have overwhelmed the fair citizens of WV.  If you want to drive about 3 hours each way you are welcome to come shoot with us in Wilmore, KY which is just south of Lexington.  I have a loaner rifle for you.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

EZ3

Eleanor was a great range for Appleseed.  Bigdrumdaddy, if you have any local contacts with the range, let us know.  It would be great do Appleseed there again.

Best wishes for your mother.
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

Charles McKinley

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for you mother. 

It would be 4 hours and 45 min. to Beaver Falls PA from you.  Rifles and ammo available.
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

bigdrumdaddy

Gentlemen,
You have my profound thanks - and while your invitations are tempting, I'm afraid I simply cannot leave my mother's side for any longer than necessary.
    And I have to say it is indeed disheartening to see my native land in such a state of disunity. I recall the Eleanor range being a primo place to get some trigger time in - and had jawed w/ some locals here about joining them my next trip home some years ago. Unfortunately, my own disabililities make it difficult for me to travel, except when necessity calls. And as an only child it falls on me - a duty this old 3rd generation Marine takes to heart.
    It is my wish to rejoin the Appleseed ranks this year - after many years of spinal surgeries and recupereration. I felt fate had given me the opportunity to begin my journey on native soil. And I am stunned to find not a single AP event staewide. Seems the Sesquecentennial has torn WV from the side of freedom once more. :wb:
~ Edmund Burke

jmdavis

Putnam County Gun Club has a new Board. Someone might try cold calling or emailing them. They might be willing to hold an event. Instructors would need to come from out of state, though.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

bigdrumdaddy

I'll try calling them to see if they're interested in at least commemorating 19 April - and maybe spur some interest in an AS event in the future.
   Thx for the heads up.
~ Edmund Burke

Charles McKinley

It would have to be Saturday, 4/19 only but it you can get the range and 5 shooters I'll SB the event.  This is near Eleanor, right?
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

bigdrumdaddy

Roger that. Right in Eleanor, among the county fairgrounds. Haven't had any success in reaching anyone at PCGC - but still working on it. I'll keep you apprised.
   And thanks for offering to help out. I appreciate it - and, barring any objections from PCGC, you're to honcho the event as far as I'm concerned. I'll be in touch.
~ Edmund Burke

jmdavis

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner