News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Column - "Program [Appleseed] plants seeds of responsibility"

Started by Viator, April 07, 2014, 12:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viator

Hi folks,

Although I'm currently residing up here in the Pine Tree State, I write a regular (currently alternate Mondays) column for the Carroll County Times, back in Maryland, and I'm proud that this column was published in today's edition:

http://www.carrollcountytimes.com/columnists/opinion/tom_harbold/tom-harbold-program-plants-seed-of-responsibility/article_d259f147-6e9c-5c02-a65a-ac1f5a2b60e5.html

I'm hoping this might plant the seed of a thought in someone's mind that, hey, if Colorado can have Appleseed in the schools, why can't we do the same thing in other places...?

Yours in service,

Tom
"They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~ Ben Franklin

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them." ~ George Mason