News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

WinterSeed this weekend! St. Cloud, MN

Started by AFTERMATH, March 02, 2014, 06:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFTERMATH

The date is March 8th, the time is 08:59...
As registration as wrapped up and the safety briefing about to begin; your heart is pumping your mind is racing.
"What have I got myself into?"  You mutter to yourself. 
It's thirty degrees below freezing, the snow is blowing and you're having trouble keeping your glasses from frosting over. 
"This is nuts!  I think I should just call it off, but I'm already here."
You laugh aloud, you know the cold is playing tricks on you as you continue to talk to yourself.
Suddenly, you're reminded that the soldiers of the Revolution had to endure much worse conditions!
The winter at Valley Forge.  The long marches, with little to nothing on their feet - leaving a trail of bloody footprints in the snow.
You then recall what Thomas Paine had wrote during the winter of '76:
"THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives every thing its value. Heaven knows how to put a proper price upon its goods; and it would be strange indeed if so celestial an article as FREEDOM should not be highly rated."
"I guess it's not to bad.  I can do this!  After all, this is Minnesota - I can hack it!" 
Suddenly, you snap out of your day dream as the Shoot Boss is calling on you to recite the safety rules.
"Uhhhh....."

http://www.appleseedinfo.org/search-states-location.php?locationid=402&id_event=2428
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Taylor

Honoring the memory of Adonijah Taylor (1730-1810) my Grandfather seven generations back, Deerfield MA Militiaman and Patriot, who answered the alarm on April 19, 1775 and along with his six sons served in the War of the Revolution.

"What good fortune for governments that the people do not think." - Adolf Hitler

"All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party." - Mao Tse Tung

"Those bold enough to believe that they can change the world, are usually those which do."
-Albert Einstein

"Let Freedom never perish in your hands."
-Joseph Addison

Polaris

Got my zero's double checked today.  I will be there wearing lots of commie surplus wool!
Owning a chainsaw doesn't make you a logger.  Put some wood on the truck and keep all your fingers and toes at the end of the day, then I'll be impressed.  Likewise with rifles.