News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

"The Parents and Kids are out! - The Parents and Kids are out!" Hazelwood, MO

Started by Mutti, February 26, 2014, 05:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mutti

Opportunity to return thanks to  Hazelwood Cabela's Store for their support of our Local Shoots.

"The parents and kids are out, the parents and kids are out"

and are descending on Cabela's for the Family Outdoor Adventure Day May 3rd, 2014 from 9am to 3pm.  We need AS volunteers to man the waiver booth for the Daisy BB Gun™ shoot, monitor the Shooters and instruct in the finer points of Historical Freedom!

Who: PROJECT APPLESEED®  Volunteers who do not have an AS event planned and would like to spend a little piece of their weekend saving our Country.

We are going to focus on telling the stories of Patriotic Young Children (PYC)'s -  Short 2 - 5 minute stories told by young APPLESEED™  volunteers specifically about the sacrifices/contributions made by children during the Revolutionary War!  So far we have RiflesNReins, KDCat and GooseGun - but we could certainly use more with such a large planned crowd.  Last year the "Older Youngsters" had an incredible time connecting with the crowd.

What: Cabela's Family Outdoor Adventure Day
                       Specifically : Daisy BB Gun Range™  *

***Note***

Project Appleseed®  Volunteers have been specifically tasked to instruct the above. After the past 2 years successful participation - we are known as the "Dependable Go-To Team".

Cable's supports our "Mission" and has given us the opportunity to speak with the Parents about our program while they are waiting for their turn to shoot. This year the U.S. Sportsmen's Alliance Foundation has asked us to expand our efforts and reach more people throughout the mid-west.

It was also suggested we give 2-5 minute Histories about children during the Revolutionary War.

They are asking for our help!   :sos:

Where: Hazelwood, Missouri :  Map available at link below  **

When: Saturday :  May 3rd, 2014  :  9:00am - 3:00pm

Why: We all know why - this is just the nature of what we do.

There will also be many other events for your Family to participate in. Brush off the Colorful Caps, shake the wrinkles out of the AS shirts, and come help return the assistance Cabela's has been showing us in the Midwest!

Illinois & Missouri Promotions Teams

* http://www.daisy.com/range

** http://www.cabelas.com/stores/store_info.jsp?pageName=020

(posted on behalf of Connibear)
"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

connibear

Count me in this year. Looking forward to it. Can you send me any info that I need to know or history that I should study up on?
......"Where the spirit of the Lord is there is Liberty."    I Cor. 3:17b

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

DrJohn

Ben,

Thank you for the notification. Actually, we had been aware of this but it didn't sound too promising and decided not to follow up. It sounded more like something to promote Cabela's agenda, and not ours. Had I known of your success in Missouri, I would have reconsidered. As it is for me, May 3 is the day my daughter Courtney graduates from vet school. I wouldn't miss her graduation for anything in the world.

Thank you for getting in touch. Hope to see you soon.

John
"It is an indispensable duty, my brethren, which we owe to God and our country, to rouse up and bestir ourselves, and, being animated with a noble zeal for the sacred cause of liberty, to defend our lives and fortunes, even to the shedding of the last drop of blood....

connibear

BTT

Its this weekend. If you are available come on out.

A Nation that does not serve the Lord Jesus Christ cannot and does not have Liberty.

connibear

AFTERMATH

We spotted them heading towards two locations in MN as well!  Owatonna and Rogers.

Huzza!
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]