News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

D & J Apiery Umatilla, FL 02/15,16/2014

Started by PHenry, February 17, 2014, 04:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHenry

First, let me say that this was an invitation-only event held by the Jakob family on their property. Nineteen fine Americans showed up Sat morning to find rain, overcast and low temperatures, but not a disparaging word was to be heard. We got everyone checked in and set up with their chamber flags and hand out packets. The rain began to lessen and sky began to clear - Lady Liberty smiled upon her children.  O0

After some opening remarks and the telling of the First Strike, we got down to business with safety rules and line commands. The first target of the day revealed some skill for a few, but also some room for improvement so away we went on our path toward marksmanship - one of the fine traditions of the Founders! Huzaaah!

What a great group! From the Jakob family and the Preiss', to Katlyn and her dad Tom and everyone else. It was truly a pleasure to spend a weekend with all of you. I feel such hope when surrounded by men, women and children who revere the ideals and traditions that created our country. We saw so much improvement in marksmanship - very rewarding use of our time as humans.

My sincere thanks to Mario, Shelly and their fine children for allowing us all to enjoy two gorgeous days on their beautiful property. Hopefully we can all do this again soon, as I have a pile of Rifleman patches just itching to find their way to so many of you. I know I can speak for my fellow instructors when I say that it was our honor to serve as your instructors.

in Liberty,
PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

9mm4545

Despite the lack of new Riflemen, this was an outstanding event if judging by our student's enthusiasm, attitude, smiles and hand shakes at the end of the event, and promises to attend another event while bringing others. Much thanks go to Mario and
family for hosting this Appleseed; a nicer range would be hard to find. Here are a few photos from RG's picture machine, including one of genuine Florida frost, a rare sight indeed.
The American Constitution is remarkable for its simplicity; but can only suffice a people habitually correct in their actions, and would be utterly inadequate to the wants of a different nation.  Change the domestic habits of the Americans, their religious devotion, and their high respect for morality, and it will not be necessary to change a single letter in the Constitution in order to vary the whole form of their government. - Francis Grund 1837

DeadEyeRed

What a GREAT job done by ALL. Katlyn it is RARE that I am beat to the target line. Girl you have such a wonderful energy! I was soo proud to see so many female shooters on the line. If you guys don't start bringing your male friends, we ladies will soon out number and out shoot you. (In case you missed it guys, that IS a challenge) !I have never met a finer bunch. It is people like this ,that remind me why I do this  and why I love it so much. Without you we sink. Know each of you have a special place in my heart and I can NOT wait to see each of you get your Rifleman's patch...some of you are Very close. so turn off the computer and GO DRYFIRE....perfect practice makes you a reifleman !! NOW GET BUSY!

Teresa
IBC Palatka 3/31/2012
Rifleman St Augustine, FL 3/10/2012

PHenry

QuoteWhat a GREAT job done by ALL. Katlyn it is RARE that I am beat to the target line

The old shoot boss still has sore legs from trying to keep up with her!  :wb:
Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

Pirategirl

What a weekend!  It was such beautiful weather all weekend!  We were so blessed.  This was my first Appleseed program, and let me tell you, it will NOT be my last.  I am hooked!  The instructors were so knowledgeable about history, new positions, strategy, and the helpfulness? Unparalleled!  I could not have asked for a nicer group of people to shoot with.  Anyone interested or even thinking about going to a program, needs to (dry fire first), then go to a shoot!  Dry fire is the key to success, as all the instructors will tell you.  I am so glad I did it!  Thanks to all who attended the shoot at the Jakob's range.  We loved having you!

Parley, Arrgh, and Plunder!
What doesn't kill you makes cool scars, and scars are tattoos with better stories.

PHenry

QuoteParley, Arrgh, and Plunder!

Hmmm. That sounds familiar - almost like I saw it on a really slick rifle recently. The weather was lovely, and, and there were jelly beans - yes, jelly beans, but they was made from honey?? Pirates and jelly beans made from honey, and someone had a shirt on that spoke of floggings and improving moral.

Must have been a really nice dream - hope to have it agin soon.  ^-^

TomM1Thumb

I may have had a dream somewhat like Yours but I saw 2 shirts.

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

PHenry