News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ariel, WA 22-23 February 2014 AAR

Started by Earl, February 23, 2014, 10:45:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

A bus man's holiday, I went to shoot my Liberty Training Rifle, and did. Got all forty rounds off within the time allotted on the AQT. I had a wonderful time, learned much, gained confidence with my new rifle found things to work on. You have heard that marksmanship is a perishable skill? Believe it.

Since I was shooting I didn't end up with a lot of pictures, but noticed others with the ability so I am sure they will post in the future.

I didn't get to visit much with the shooters either. But the RWVA instructors were doing a fine job of instructing, coaching and motivating.

One father son team, shooting Appleseed as a birthday celebration. That is a good story, the father shoots well and has the rifles.
If they want to share it they will. We share much at Appleseeds, I was really happy I could attend as a shooter, and my wife packed me two days worth of food. Will have to hit the YMCA hard next week, and the dry fire and transition to SHF, losing forty pounds would make me lighter and compactable.

Blog post:http://earl-earlsview.blogspot.com/2014/02/the-bus-mans-holiday-one-of-my-mothers.html
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

TheSquirrelPatrol

An excellent weekend of Appleseed at the Wolverton Mountain Gun Club in Ariel.  We had a good group of shooters, all of whom brought teachable attitudes and soaked up the instruction and enjoyed the history.  We had respectable groups from the first redcoat on Saturday morning, and the marksmanship improved all weekend, peaking with the second to last AQT around 3pm Sunday afternoon.  The last AQT was good, but the shooters were clearly past their peak.  Take your ibuprofen, everyone!

Our instructors kept busy with excellent instruction and outstanding coaching, and we even got in some good trigger time.

The weekend ended on a high note with lots of repeat rifleman scores from Al, and two new rifleman.  Most of the line was knocking on the door, dry practice and another Appleseed soon should see more riflemen from this group!

TheSquirrelPatrol

More pictures

TheSquirrelPatrol

Even more pictures.