News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Project Appleseed Facebook pages

Started by ThePoet, February 13, 2014, 10:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThePoet

I would like to take a moment to introduce myself.  I am relatively new to the Project Appleseed community, having attending my first Appleseed in November, 2013 and second only last weekend.  I  accepted an Orange hat on Sunday and look forward to learning along side such a great group of people.

I have a fair amount of academic and professional training and experience in marketing and advertising and have been in touch with Fred over the past several months to offer my expertise in these areas.  Fred has asked that I work on developing the foundation for a marketing effort on a national level.  It is my goal to develop key messages and push them out to a broad yet carefully segmented audience across various media.  The easiest way to begin on a limited budget is through social media.  I have done some preliminary research into our current social media presence on Facebook and was surprised to find 23 Facebook pages and/or groups for Project Appleseed.  The lack of consistency of message and visual look and feel give me cause for concern.  In order to be effective on a national level, we will need to present a carefully crafted message within a consistent system of visual identity.  Our current way of doing this leaves too much room for error and can place the RWVA at risk.

I would like to ask you help in letting me know the name(s) of the person or people in your region or state who currently run any Project Appleseed social media account (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.). 

Our plan is to migrate all users of general Project Appleseed Facebook pages to a newly-created official Project Appleseed page.  After users are migrated to the official page, we will ask that the existing pages be shut down.  I realize state and regional pages are important and do not believe these should be shut down.  However, it is important that these state and regional pages adhere to a set of standards for messaging and the use of approved logos, images, and other design elements.  We will provide guidelines for approved messaging and images for these pages at a later time.

Thank you for understanding.

TheIronMantis

I run the SC Facebook page.  When I set it up there were standards to use as far as logos, images and basic boilerplate.  All of these were adhered to when I created the page.  If these have changed, then let me know.