News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2014 After Action Reports from other Sources

Started by scuzzy, February 11, 2014, 07:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzy

Anybody have any recent news stories/blog entries to submit?
An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

dreamerofdreams

"On one man's soul it hath broken,
A light that doth not depart;
And his look, or a word he hath spoken,
Wrought flame in another man's heart."

scuzzy

Quote from: dreamerofdreams on February 11, 2014, 08:24:21 PM
This has been posted in a few places, but why not here, too?

http://www.myfoxcarolinas.com/story/24676718/shooting-for-history

That is a good one - added the vid to our website homepage. I'll prob alternate vids on the homepage this year - techres has a bunch of good ones too.

Nero

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

SureShotSpartan

Kyle Defoor from Defoor Proformance did a little name dropping during a recent episode of Trigger Time.  :~ Good stuff!

http://youtu.be/ocR5LZds33U
Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

scuzzy

Thanks for the reports - just linked to them on our latest news web page.

If anybody sees any mentions of Appleseed please post them here.

Maximum Ordinate

Project Appleseed on Luckygunner

Featuring our own rock star, SureShot Spartan, at the Rising Fawn, Georgia shoot in November!
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

scuzzy

SureShotSpartan

Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams

Nero

"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

SureShotSpartan

Nero, as this relationship grows (between Chris at Lucky Gunner and my Crew) I hope to work towards your suggestion. Assuming you intended to imply they include Appleseed related items in their packages.

Thoughts?
Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

Fred

Spear point for developing "partnerships" with industry (assuming it's a task you don't want to undertake, yourself) is Brown.

techres is the source for "box cards" - AS inserts to be added to shipments made by cooperating industry partners.

Hope this helps!

:)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Snoplop

I can't imagine this hasn't all ready been posted else where but a search didn't turn anything up so here you go-

Colorado Public School Takes Students on a Field Trip to the Shooting Range
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2014/03/20/colorado-school-takes-students-on-a-field-trip-to-the-shooting-range-n1812117

and Students at the shooting range for gun safety

http://www.krdo.com/news/students-at-the-shooting-range-for-gun-safety/25055098
How cool is that!

School officials in Pueblo County, Colorado are bucking the anti-gun trend and recently approved a field trip for middle school students to a local shooting range where they learned about gun safety and how to properly handle a firearm. The gun safety and marksman group Project Appleseed, an activity of The Revolutionary War Veterans Association, was brought in to instruct students, all of whom fired at the range with live ammunition. The trip was scheduled shortly after students learned about The Revolutionary War in their classrooms.

"We've never been allowed to bring actual real firearms into a school. Until this week. This is a very big deal. We had them touching fire arms, holding them and learning about how to handle them safely," Appleseed Instructor Elizabeth Blackwood told KRDO.

Here is the money quote from student Jonah Statezny, who went on the trip: "I think everyone should learn how to use a gun but learn how to use it properly, and the precautions you're supposed to take and how serious a gun really is."
"Then there are sheepdogs," he went on, "and I'm a sheepdog. I live to protect the flock and confront the wolf."

kenjo

"At what point then is the approach of danger to be expected? I answer, if it ever reach us, it must spring up amongst us. It cannot come from abroad. If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen, we must live through all time, or die by suicide."  Abraham Lincoln

scuzzy

Good stuff about the school in CO.

The latest news page has a lot of impressive reviews/stories about Appleseed now.

http://appleseedinfo.org/latest_news.html

Keep the stories coming.

hotairbill

Hey, check out the "Backwoods Home Companion" website!  Look at issue #144 Nov/Dec 2013, an article by Massad Ayoob entitled: " Just Because."  A nice mention of the Appleseed Project with interesting details.  Enjoy!!!
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!

hotairbill

I hope that you-all get to read the "Backwoods Home" magazine on line.  In particular the article by Mas Ayoob, titled "Just Because" in issue #144.  he has some good things tosay about Appleseed Project.  Enjoy, bill butler
If you are not happy doing what you are doing... it's time to change what you are doing!
Rifleman patch, March 16, 2014.  Accepted an ORANGE hat on Sunday, 20 April, in Roswell NM. Now I start "Baby Steps."
Earned Red Hat, May 21, 2017.  Earned Shoot Boss, November 4, 2018!  Look out, Alamogordo, N.M. here comes Appleseed, again!

sticksnstones

I, with my cohost, do a podcast that is about guns, gear, preparedness and quite frequently talk about the greatness of Project Appleseed. My cohost got his patch at the first AS that he attended and is only waiting to attend another to take an orange hat We have recently had several listeners that attended Appleseeds and left with the coveted patch and one has recently taken an orange hat in Texas.
On April 19 we posted two shows that were from a two part interview that I did with Scout and have been two of our most downloaded shows. The link that follows will lead you to the shows if you want to listen
http://armedsquirrelsproject.libsyn.com/webpage
You can also find us at www.facebook.com/armedsquirrelsproject 
I am not posting this to promote our show, but to share a great interview that concerns Appleseed. We are always open to help share info and have Appleseed guests on. Anyone that has info to share or wants to come on and help spread some Appleseed love feel free to contact me
"These a the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in the crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman."
Thomas Paine

mac66

Quote from: sticksnstones on April 29, 2014, 03:11:23 AM
I, with my cohost, do a podcast that is about guns, gear, preparedness and quite frequently talk about the greatness of Project Appleseed. My cohost got his patch at the first AS that he attended and is only waiting to attend another to take an orange hat We have recently had several listeners that attended Appleseeds and left with the coveted patch and one has recently taken an orange hat in Texas.
On April 19 we posted two shows that were from a two part interview that I did with Scout and have been two of our most downloaded shows. The link that follows will lead you to the shows if you want to listen
http://armedsquirrelsproject.libsyn.com/webpage
You can also find us at www.facebook.com/armedsquirrelsproject 
I am not posting this to promote our show, but to share a great interview that concerns Appleseed. We are always open to help share info and have Appleseed guests on. Anyone that has info to share or wants to come on and help spread some Appleseed love feel free to contact me

Nice facebook page. I'm thinking you should interview the guy who designed the 50th anniversary 10/22 on your radio show since he is a Appleseed instructor.
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

Pitmaster

Pitmaster

Captain Noah Cook a Revolutionary War Veteran was my great, great, great,...great grandfather. Noah Cook enlisted in the militia on April 21, 1775 at age 18 upon learning of the Battles of Lexington and Concord that morning. His company left on that day for Concord arriving April 24, 1775.*

*History of Northampton, Massachusetts: from its settlement ..., Volume 2, Part 2, Chapter 25, Page 359

"The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home." Antonin Scalia

�The test of a democracy is not whether the people vote, but whether the people rule.� G.K. Chesterton

NRA Endowment Member

Maximum Ordinate

An author for Tennessee Vacations attended our Patriot's Day event in Manchester TN.

She's a Aussie, now naturalized American.  It was a pleasure to have her on the line.

http://www.tnvacation.com/triptales/appleseed-takes-aim-to-preserve-american-history/
"... the most valuable of all talents, that of never using two words where one will do."
-Thomas Jefferson

We're in the Liberty business.  Stay on Mission - Stay on Message.

Want to be a more effective Instructor?  Visit Appleseed Academy.

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: Rusty on May 13, 2014, 07:38:49 AM
An author for Tennessee Vacations attended our Patriot's Day event in Manchester TN.

She's a Aussie, now naturalized American.  It was a pleasure to have her on the line.

http://www.tnvacation.com/triptales/appleseed-takes-aim-to-preserve-american-history/

She wrote a nice article!  And I like the three-generation picture.  O0

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

old codger

Saturday May 17th at a temporary range on a Christmas Tree farm at Cheshire, Oregon we had a one day Appleseed shoot.  We had nine participates.  I thought the number rather small but the instructors, Griff Marshall (OR state cordinator) and Ben Edman thought the number alright and they came down to work with us.  They brought Ben's RV and parked it on the level on top of the hill and spent the night.  The activity began at 8:30 AM with each participate setting up on the firing line.  We had a mother/daughter (11 years old) team with another 11 year old boy with them, a pair of  young men unknown to the rest of us, a father/teen aged son pair, a single man, and an  80 year old man. 
Our instructors were well versed, had great personalities, and presented themselves well.  Our day went with lessons on the Revolutionary War and shooting at prepared targets.  Exciting day and the climaxe was the AQT shoot with only one making the marksmanship patch. 
The targets were of course 25 meters out but up an incline that was a problem for the old man and he finally quit and became an observer toward the end of the day but he still participated with the instructors. 
A great day, great companions, great weather and an all around great experience.  Look forward to doing it again.   ^:)^ ;)

Mutti

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort."
Herm Albright
(1876 - 1944)

Regulator

Liston Matthews of the Knoxville Gun Rights Examiner was one of the shooters at a recent event. Here is his write-up on Project Appleseed.

http://www.examiner.com/article/appleseed-clinic-at-wears-valley-ranch-history-patriotism-and-marksmanship
RBC Ramseur 2/13
IBC Pelham, TN 2/14
RBC Ramseur 3/14 (Re-qualified w/ 224)
KD Qualified Pelham, TN 12/14
RBC Calera, AL 1/15
KD re-qualified 1/16

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

hogfamily

Anchorage Suburbanites, part time Willowbillies, Appleseeds, and Weekend Warrior Turquoise Miners.

"Move that fat ass Henry!"
"Don't swing your balls or you'll swamp the boat!"

Nero

Here's a nice blog post about the recent shoot at Tok, Alaska (Northern-most shoot ever!):

http://www.mooseintheyard.com/2014/06/tok-alaska-appleseed-shoot.html