News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 19th event just west of Oxford.

Started by AAOptics, January 30, 2014, 11:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AAOptics

slim

RifleBen

That isn't too far from my backyard, this looks like a great shoot to get my father to attend. April 19th, hopefully a little warmer, not too far, one day event.... My dad is a Chaplain Assistant in the US Army Reserve, he just got back from a month in Florida (where they panic because of a record low of a balmy 32) for Warrior Leadership Course at Camp Blanding. I've been trying to get him at a shoot, but he doesn't seem to want to commit to more than one day or shooting in the cold... yet. He'll get there  ^-^
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."
                                                                             John 15:13

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Unbridled Liberty

Thanks.  I will plan on working this one if Kentucky's 4/19 host does not come through.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

AAOptics

Are you coming slim?

I hope to see both of you there unbridled, and rifleben.

Noah2A

I will be there! And looks like Ben's/my Dad should be able to make it to his first Appleseed event!  ..:..  :---

slim

AAOptics

Just FYI, following the shoot Ill be having a bonfire.  It wont be anything fancy, Ill have some hotdog's etc.  I think it would be nice to have a less structured time to hangout, and solve the problems of the world.  Its not required, but your welcome to come out, so you might want to plan accordingly.

Let me know if you think you might want to attend so I have a idea on food.

AAOptics

We got the number of shooters expanded, so we are at 12 slots remaining folks.

slim

Did somebody say food?

I've signed up to assist YHJ and I'm most definitely in for a bonfire too.

AAOptics