News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2014 Schedule Planning Support Thread

Started by Corvette, January 24, 2014, 01:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

Welcome Ohio Seeders.

This thread is to help us all share information in support of our efforts to get the 2014 Ohio Schedule set and to get us off on a great start to the 2014 AS Trail.

As the schedule takes shape, I will be posting updates as well as supporting information for everyone involved. Return here often over the next couple of weeks because things should update pretty quickly.

Thanks again to everybody for pitching in on this important task.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Corvette

Hey everybody, I have attached to this post the Range Agreement that I am using for my ranges.  I think its current but I do not know that for sure.  If there is a newer one, please post it so we are using the correct agreement.  It is a PDF file but it is fielded so if you fill it out the first time for your range and save it as a master with the dates blank, you can use it again in the future. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Fixxer

Hey Corvette,

If I wanted to help grow interest in my area(Lorain County/Cleveland West) and ultimately get a shoot what are some things that I could do? Should I approach ranges or let established 'seeders do that?

Thanks,

FXr
Rifleman(226): 12/29/13 Tucson Rifle Club, New Philadelphia, OH

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind...Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Corvette

Fixer, don't feel inhibited. If there ranges in your area that you want to approach, let me know on we can get you help in approaching them.  Got any in mind? I am here to help you.

Corvette

Fixxer

Thanks 'Vette

I was primarily thinking about the Rochester Rod and Gun Club because I have been exposed to their generous hospitality through NRA and ORPA events. My CCW instructor is a member. It's not a huge range but I bet they could support an event.

Fixxer

"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind...Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson

Corvette

If you need someone to make a presentation to the board there, let me know.  Also,  would you be willing to help organize our shoots at other ranges in the NE.  I could use some help with Local Boots on the Ground (LBOTG). 

LindaFromAppleCreek

GabeC is going to be contacting NLF&G, which is willing to host again this year.

In an effort to avoid two shoots in the area at the same time, are there any dates being considered for Tusco that We should avoid for NL? Both places will draw from essentially the same student pool, and staffing requires border raiding if we have both at the same time.

If someone knows, and doesn't want them public, please PM me.

Any dates we really want at NL?

Thanks!
aka Mustang380gal

Fixxer

Hi 'Vette,

I'd be glad to help where I can, but would consider myself more of a Cleveland Far-West-Sider. I drive an hour into the city every weekday  :wb: so would prefer not to on weekends. I don't mind the senery West and South however  O0

Best wishes,

Fixxer

Charles McKinley

Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Corvette

Had not considered it at this point.  You thinking of a joint Western PA/Ohio IBC somewhere in the Northeast part of Ohio? 

Not having been to one of them, not sure what all is involved in scheduling one. Should we coordinate offline via PM?

Corvette

LindaFromAppleCreek

aka Mustang380gal

slim

MeanStreaker has volunteered to put on an IBC for us. We need to get enough volunteers together to make it worth Mrs. MeanStreaker's time. I'd imagine a fall/winter IBC in the NW wojld be perfect for everyone.

I'm already looking forward to it! ^:)^

Corvette

I second the motion. Meanstreaker is in charge of scheduling and planning an Ohio IBC sometime in 2014.  Go get em Streaker. 

Corvette

Dougum

Would be great if it were before school started... I would love to hone some skills especially with some of Appleseed's best.
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

Corvette

Here is an update on where we are schedule wise for 2014.  As contracts come in, we will get these posted to the web site schedule.

Dates Set, Signed Contracts In:
Marion -- Northwest -- 5/17 & 18,  8/16 & 17
Newark -- Southwest/Central -- 7/19 & 20, 10 18 & 19
Wilmington -- Southwest/Central -- 3/29 & 30, 6/14 & 15, 8/30 & 31

Dates Set, Waiting on Contracts:
Gibsonburg -- Northwest -- 5/24 & 25, 6/28 & 29, 7/26 & 27, 8/30 & 31, 9/27 & 28, 10/25 & 26
Miamisburg -- Southwest/Central -- 4/12 & 13, 7/12 & 13, 10/11 & 12, 12/13 & 14
Piqua -- Southwest/Central -- 5/3 & 4, 11/1 & 2
Salem -- Northeast -- 6/28 & 29, 9/27 & 28

Need Dates and Contracts:
North Lawrence -- Northeast
New Philadelphia -- Northeast
Lima -- Northwest
Vienna -- Northeast
Wooster -- Northeast

Our biggest needs right now are to get New Philly and North Lawrence going and getting their dates set. 

If there are any updates, please contact me and let me know via PM. 

Corvette

LindaFromAppleCreek

aka Mustang380gal

Corvette

Here is the update as of 2/7/2014 on Ohio Shoots:

Dates Set, Signed Contracts In:
Marion -- Northwest -- 5/17 & 18,  8/16 & 17
Newark -- Southwest/Central -- 7/19 & 20, 10 18 & 19
Wilmington -- Southwest/Central -- 3/29 & 30, 6/14 & 15, 8/30 & 31
Piqua -- Southwest/Central -- 5/3 & 4, 11/1 & 2
Salem -- Northeast -- 6/28 & 29, 9/27 & 28

Dates Set, Waiting on Contracts:
Gibsonburg -- Northwest -- 5/24 & 25, 6/28 & 29, 7/26 & 27, 8/30 & 31, 9/27 & 28, 10/25 & 26
Miamisburg -- Southwest/Central -- 4/12 & 13, 7/12 & 13, 10/11 & 12, 12/13 & 14
New Philadelphia -- Northeast -- 4/26 & 27, 6/21 & 22, 8/30 & 31, 10/25 & 26

Need Dates and Contracts:
North Lawrence -- Northeast
Lima -- Northwest
Vienna -- Northeast
Wooster -- Northeast

This is the current status of our shoots by month and region.  We currently have 25 shoots scheduled for the year, They distribute as follows:

North West        South West/Central         North East
March               0                              1                               0
April                 0                              1                               1
May                  2                              1                               0
June                 1                              1                               2
July                  1                              2                               0
Aug                  2                             1                               1
Sep                  1                             0                               1
Oct                   1                             2                               1
Nov                  0                             1                                0
Dec                  0                             1                                0

Right now, our biggest issue is that on Labor Day weekend, we have three shoots scheduled currently. One in each region. Gibsonburg, Wilmington, and New Philly.  I am coordinating with the three regional SBs to see what we can do to deal with this conflict.

Feel free to contact me with any updates.

Corvette

Corvette

dirtdawg

Corvette

Hello folks, Attached is a PDF of the 2014 Schedule Spreadsheet.  Dates are set at all our key ranges and we are waiting for host agreements from Gibsonburg and  New Philly.  We have pretty good distribution across the year and across the regions so far.  We do have two weeks at this point where we have two events the same weekend but they are spread geographically between North and South Ohio. 

For folks working on additional ranges, such as Wooster, North Lawrence, Vienna, Lima, please look to the weeks on the schedule that do not have any shoots as your guide for suggestions with these other ranges.  We have 25 shoots committed at this point, so except for some more coverage in the NE part of the state,we don't need that many more shoots.  So we should be looking at single events at selected ranges to keep our relationships alive.  Again, please coordinate with your Regional shoot bosses as you continue your range  discussions. 

Corvette

Charles McKinley

I don't see Dillon down by Zanesville listed.   I will look for the correct user name rather than posting my guess at the person that runs the range.

Could use a range in the Cleveland market.

Anyone wanting to border raid we have a new range opening at McDonald (date?) south of Pittsburgh and Pitcairn/Monroeville Sportsman's Club  East of Pittsburgh on May 24-25 and October 11-12, 2014.

Thanks
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Corvette

Stand

We list Dillon as Newark on the report. Newark is the closest town to the range.  They are on the schedule twice thus year.

Corvette

Fixxer

Quote from: Stand on February 18, 2014, 01:18:49 PM

....Could use a range in the Cleveland market.

I ran into an organizer with the Lorain County 4-H Shooting Sports club that is very interested in bring Project Appleseed to their location (or to a nearby club):  They meet at the Beaver Creek Sportsman's Club on Quarry Road in South Amherst. Who should I have her contact to begin discussions?

I love their Mission Statement (see below).  Seems like a great match for Appleseed. If not this season maybe next?

Thanks,

Fixxer

http://www.beavercreeksportsmansclub.com/

From the Lorain County 4-H Shooting Sports  Facebook page:

I pledge my HEAD to clearer thinking,
my HEART to greater loyalty,
my HANDS to larger service,
and my HEALTH to better living for my club,
my community,
my country,
and my world.

Mission

Lorain Counrty 4-H Shooting Sports Club exists to involve youth in a developmental program, foster understanding of natural resource concepts, teach shooting skills and safety, develop leadership and citizenship skills, provide a vehicle for family involvement, foster the education and development of volunteers, promote positive relationships with peers and adults, and offer career exploration opportunities.

Our Goals

To Develop Each Participant's...
•Sound decision-making, self-discipline, & concentration
•Self-concept, character & personal growth
•Highest standards of safety, sportsmanship & ethical behavior
•Understanding of natural resources
•Broad array of vocational activities related to shooting sports
•Family strength through recreational activities
•Existing safety and hunter education received prior to 4-H

Description

We offer 6 different shooting sports disciplines: Archery, Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol, Muzzleloading, Hunting and Wildlife, and Living History. In addition, we can also assist with any of the projects 4-H has to offer except large animals (Horse, Beef, and Dairy). We ask that you join a specialized club for those projects.

We participate in Memorial Day Parades, are the Honor Guard for the Birmingham Memorial Day Observances, attend many Civil War and WWII reenactments, attend the Rochester July 4th Parade, and other activities. We try to attend several shooting events, here at Beaver Creek Sportsman's Club or any shooting event that is brought to our attention.

[/size][/size]

Fixxer

Would Project Appleseed Ohio be interested in reaching out to interested shooters in Lorain County?

Fixxer

Corvette

Sure we would, what do you have in mind?

Corvette

Fixxer

She suggested that hosting an event would be a topic for discussion. Or perhaps the kiddos would road trip to a reasonably close event.

I am unfamiliar with your organization except for having had a great experience attending a 2-day event. If I am going about this attempt to spread the Appleseed love all wrong please educate me.

Fixxer

Corvette

Fixxer, you are doing great.  Don't worry about protocol, spreading the message always comes first. We are all volunteers so what are they going to do if we screw up, dock our pay?   ;D  We have some shoots scheduled that will be near Lorain.  Folks can go west to Gibsonburg, south to New Philly, east to Salem or south east to North Lawrence.  Have your contacts check out the schedule and let me know which they may be interested in. I will gladly help ease folks into the trail.  Also, let me know which shoots you sign up for. Would love to show up if I can to say hey and get to know you personally.

Looking forward to a great Appleseed year.

Corvette.

Corvette

03/02/2014 Schedule update:

Ohio Schedule Team.  Congratulations to everybody involved.  All of our top ranges have picked their dates, signed their contracts and will soon be on the schedule.  New Philly and Gibsonburg should show up shortly.  We have a total of 24 firm shoots at this point with only a couple of conflicts on dates which should be non-competing. 

Now, if we can finish with North Lawrence, Viena, Wooster and Celina, we will be done scheduling and can concentrate on Promotions.  But my congrats to everybody involved.  Good job getting the core set and submitted.   O0

Corvette

TrainWreck

Anybody have any info on Wooster?

I know you all have worked hard at getting the schedule up and running so I don't want anyone to think that I am unappreciative. Just looking to a Wooster event as it would be closer to home. It would make it easier since my wife works nights and would allow me to make it home at night and take care of the pets and animals.

Obviously, if there isn't one I'm sure I could make other arrangements to be able to attend. Just thought I would ask though.

Thanks to everyone who keeps this up, running, and going.

CC

TrainWreck

Persistence pays off, rifleman persist. (Quote from Topper)

Corvette

Don't give up yet on Wooster.  Need to coordinate with some folks and we will find out what's going to happen there this year.

Corvette

LindaFromAppleCreek

Is the Oct. 25-26 shoot at New Philadelphia going to be a Ladyseed?

My weekend to work may be switching in June or July, so that means I ought to be off for that one. Yippee!,

aka Mustang380gal