News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Hey, Ohio! Sound off if you're seedin' in Ohio this year!

Started by dirtdawg, January 13, 2014, 08:59:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Del

I'm in. Would like to help out at Wilmington in March but if you are full staffed I guess I could just shoot. >:D

dirtdawg

Wow! What a motley bunch of renegades, cutthroats, and outlaws!  My kind of people ;D

devilkitty

Quote from: dirtdawg on February 22, 2014, 04:32:15 PM
Wow! What a motley bunch of renegades, cutthroats, and outlaws!  My kind of people ;D

Hey! I resemble that remark!
Charlie
Grovertown, Ind.

Have Blue Hat -- Will Travel
"If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers." -- Thomas Pynchon
"A people who forget who they are will become whatever they are told they are." -- Graywolf

Corvette

sdelam, by all means sign up to work the shoot regardless of how many other IITs we have.  The more that we have to rotate on and off the line, the more the red hats can work with everybody on training/teaching.  Just enough to run the line safely is not enough to do everything we need to with the IITs.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Del

I plan on it, as soon as I get access to the instructor pages

HippieChick

Better late to this party than never, eh? I'm in. And it just so happens I need a couple of IITs for an upcoming event! PM me, y'all :-)

Corvette

Hippe Chick, what's the event? Need help recruiting?

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

HippieChick

Hey! Well, I just realized I missed this entire page of the thread-ha! Dougum pm'd me last night and said he may be down. It was for the SOLD OUT(!) event at Wilmington. It looks like staffing is going to be great- and a full line- Huzzah! Thanks!
But I could use some help recruiting shooters to max out all these lines!
Everybody get 7th steppin'!

dirtdawg

Quote from: HippieChick on February 27, 2014, 08:51:02 AM
blah, blah, blah...
Everybody get 7th steppin'!

There's the essence of it.  I have to admit, I kinda wanted to do high fives all around when I saw our first event of the year sell out.  "This is too easy!", I thought.  Then I kept looking at the sign ups on the rest of the schedule.  Uh...where is everybody?  Yikes!  We have some work to do.

Do your neighbors know about Project Appleseed?  Family and friends?  Co-workers?  Clients? Church members? Do you talk about it on social media?  How about traditional media?  Have you written to your elected officials to invite them?  How about strategic celebrity invitations?  I'm not the ultimate seventh stepper.  I haven't dedicated my life to the program.  However, I do think it is pretty darn important and many around me are probably sick of hearing it. :DH:  So I let them slide for a little bit...until the perfect opportunity presents itself.  Bam! You just got seventh stepped. A-gin!  &)

We can believe in the program all we want, but we will not be able to grow it unless we get people on the line. 

[/pep talk]  Don't make me break out the dead horse smiley again ;D

Corvette

Jeep45238,  Great to hear that you will be joining us on the AS trail this year.  Looking forward to meeting you in person and working some lines together.

Corvette

Spiderjerusalem

I'll be attending my first Appleseed down Wilmington way at the end of the month. Too hype to focus at work.

HippieChick

Quote from: Spiderjerusalem on March 13, 2014, 10:15:02 PM
I'll be attending my first Appleseed down Wilmington way at the end of the month. Too hype to focus at work.

You've chosen a fantastic range and a great crew to do your first Appleseed! If you have any questions please feel free to PM any of us! DGMilty is the shoot boss for the event and DirtDawg is range president.
--HC

Spiderjerusalem

jeep45238

Quote from: Corvette on March 02, 2014, 12:36:17 AM
Jeep45238,  Great to hear that you will be joining us on the AS trail this year.  Looking forward to meeting you in person and working some lines together.

Corvette

Likewise.  I hear good things are coming this year ;).  I got my tdy at honor guard extended through April, and will likely be there through the beginning of May to train my replacement.
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.

DBoller

We'll be border raidin the Miamisburg Shoot in April, hopefully we can get some other people to join us as well.