News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Lt. Col Dave Grossman is speaking in Wheatridge, CO 2/22/14

Started by ColoradoBoots, January 11, 2014, 10:10:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColoradoBoots

This is just an FYI about a great speaker.  The whole program is two days, with a focus on Church Security.  There will be speakers on Friday who have been through active shooter situations in their churches, sounds really interesting.  Lt. Col. Grossman speaks on Saturday.  He wrote On Combat and On Killing, and does a program called the Bulletproof Mind.  A very excellent program.

http://www.sheepdogseminarsforchurches.com/denver-co-feb-21-22.html

Just some information.  Maybe you know someone who is looking for something like this. 

Colorado Boots.
ColoradoBoots

A dame that knows the ropes isn't likely to get tied up.
Mae West

RRP

I read his books.  I'd go see him if he came to my area.

Come back and give us an AAR.

TaosGlock

This is one you do not want to miss!
His books are awesome.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

GoldFish

Hmm, I'll be just an hour north of Denver around that time; I'll have to pass this along to my "friends" at the church that I attend...

Thanks for the info, CB!
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

oladcock

Yep, he's one of our hero's! He was here last August for local LE, even with my wife being retired LE and myself military, they (the SD) wouldn't let us attend. So I'm campaign manager for a new Sheriff! :) I would have had every elected official, school teacher, principle, etc. attending. My wife and I are security at our Church, we have upwards of 300 kids on Sunday mornings. If you can attend, don't pass it up....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Gear Head Patriot

I had the opportunity to hear Grossman orate at a my Officer Advanced Camp back in the 90's.  He was a powerful speaker, then, so I can only imagine his approach has improved with experience.  He's a good author as well. 

SureShotSpartan

I sure wish this was happening a few thousand miles EAST!!!  !@#)
Bowman 7-13
Pelham 2-14
Calera 1-15
Pelham 2-19

"It does not take a majority to prevail... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men. " -Samuel Adams