News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

RED BLUFF, CA NOVEMBER 23-24, 2013

Started by NorCal22Gal, November 26, 2013, 12:03:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NorCal22Gal

Red Bluff, CA....

WOW!!!!

Thank you to an amazing group of Americans...23 on Saturday and 21 on Sunday!

It was great to see this line almost full and keeping us instructors busy (we like that!)!

Saturday morning was a bit chilly, but began to warm as the sun came up.  We started our morning with the safety briefing, getting all those safety rules down so we leave with the same number of holes as we arrived with.

Soon it was on to the first Red Coat and checking out that effective distance... 

Neve and eaglescouter turned on the fire hose of information with slings and prone, and we were off.  This was a very attentive group and we could immediately see folks putting our instruction to work.  Within a very short time, groups were shrinking all over the place.

We stopped for a lunch break to fuel up for the afternoon, eaglescouter, Missy, myself and Neve told the strikes to a very enthusiastic audience.

Lunch over and the fire hose came back out.  Unfortunately due to the dang sun going down so early we were only able to get in one AQT before we had to stop for the day. 

I handed out 9Young Patriots patches to a wonderful group of young folks.  They are our future...and I think it's in good hands.

Sunday was a bit colder in the morning, but that didn't stop 21 folks from coming back out to learn some more marksmanship skills. A review of the safety rules and we were off again to review all that was learned the day before.  One AQT before lunch got the shooters warmed up.

A visiting instructor from Southern Calif. showed up at our shoot....Foppish Dandy it was very nice to meet you and your nephew Nate.  And thank you very much for telling the story of Deborah Sampson at lunch during our stories of the Dangerous Old Men and Determined Dangerous Dames....

Eaglescouter, Brian and Neve shared the stories of the Dangerous Old Men, Missy, Foppish Dandy, and I shared the Ladies.

Back on the line and getting in to the groove of AQT's......Josh posted the first Rifleman score...211, his second rifleman score.  Then Clay persisted and posted a very nice 212, Big J came up with a 212 as well.  Nicely done gentlemen...nicely done.

The rest of you, keep working, it will get easier.

Hope to see you all at a shoot soon

Thank you to all who were able to stay and help us tear down and clean up.  It's nice not to be doing that in the dark.

BIG THANKS TO MY INSTRUCTORS!!! Missy, Debbie, Sheri, Neve, Brian, Tim, Joe.  And a Welcome to Judy, my new Applecore Blue hat!!!  I could not do this without you guys.

Pictures will follow from those who took them.

Missy

I had a total blast! Thanks everyone for a great shoot!   :---

eaglescouter

Great event, terrific facility, awesome participants, and for those who camped Saturday night ELK STEAKS!!! (plus pumpkin cake, apple pie, fruit salad, oatmeal butterscotch cookies, baked potatoes, fresh veggies).

Thank you to our participants who are Boy Scouts, they took care of the American Flag for the weekend.

And a huge thank you to all who stayed and helped break down and clean  up at the end.  The positive attitudes and 'jump in and help' mindset are priceless.
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleer™:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

scoutcamper

I had an awesome time! I plan to come back out in march and hope to score rifleman  :--- (i had a 198 at the end of the day sunday). Thanks to all the instructors for all of your valuable instruction!  :cool2:

Neve

Another great Appleseed weekend! Congratulations to our two new Riflemen! Thank you to everybody who stepped out if their homes to participate in their heritage and for being ready, willing and able to to be receptive to the instruction. I saw a lot of people improve dramatically. Keep at it! Remember, it's as easy as relaxing!

A big thanks to NorCal22Gal, our Shoot Boss for making this event possible and to the rest of the instructors. It was great to see all of you again as always! Also a big thanks to 56Huck for the delicious elk steaks! It was a pleasure to meet you, Foppish Dandy and I loved your rendition of Deborah Sampson. Very moving! Hope to see you on the trail again soon.

Scoutcamper, thanks for coming out and way to improve! You're almost there so don't forget to dry practice in all that down time.

Mike

homesteadgirl

Saturday was so fun, I was sorry to have missed Sunday. Great job to everyone who attended. It was so fun working with everyone. Looking forward to the next Appleseed.
You know the history gives me chills everytime! :)

eaglescouter

:pics:

Click on any small photo to see the full size version.

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

eaglescouter

More photos

--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

eaglescouter

And a few more....

--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

eaglescouter

Lastly we got to experience the changing of a radiator due to a cracked top.  This range has no pavement, running water or electricity, but that won't stop us from performing rifleman yoga!

--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

CarbineCarrie

Thank you to all the amazing instructors this weekend! We learned sooo much and we had another fabulous weekend at the Appleseed in Manton. The whole family looks forward to participating in the next Appleseed.
Debbie, thank you for taking Chris under your wing. He really came a long way this weekend!

If anyone found a Midway mat at the end of Sunday, we came up one short when we got home. Thanks!

eaglescouter

Quote from: CarbineCarrie on November 27, 2013, 03:03:46 AM
Thank you to all the amazing instructors this weekend! We learned sooo much and we had another fabulous weekend at the Appleseed in Manton. The whole family looks forward to participating in the next Appleseed.
Debbie, thank you for taking Chris under your wing. He really came a long way this weekend!

If anyone found a Midway mat at the end of Sunday, we came up one short when we got home. Thanks!

I've got the 'extra' midway mat put aside for you.
Shoot me a PM and let me know how I can contact you (phone) since I"ll be in your area Thursday AM.

--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

CarbineCarrie

Thanks Eaglescouter! How about you put our last name on it and use it as a loner until we meet at the next Appleseed! Thank you for picking it up! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving! FYI...we are in the phone book if you should ever want to contact us.