News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Newark, Ohio AAR, November 9th & 10th, 2013

Started by Corvette, November 19, 2013, 12:30:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corvette

My humble apologies to all. I just realized that I had forgot to post an AAR for our shoot at Dillon Sportman Center outside of Newark, Ohio. Four dedicated shooters joined me on the line Saturday morning for the start of a great day.

Two of the shooters were youths with there Dad functioning as an un-official Blue Hat.  I think by noon Dad wanted to be on the line with the boys, but he didn't "pull the trigger" so to speak and actually join us on the line.

As is standard, the welcome speech was given, safety brief was delivered and we were shooting our opening Red Coat. Instruction commenced and before we knew it, it was time for lunch. We did both the first and second strikes at lunch so the range could have a block of time where folks looking to sight in slug gun for the opening of deer season could use part of the rifle range that we were not using while we were inside the clubhouse.

We returned to the line, worked on seated and off hand and ended the day with several AQTs and a Red Coat.  We didn't make any Riflemen on Saturday but progress was made by all. The line was broken down and the third strike was delivered back in the clubhouse and our day came to an end.

Based on the suggestion of the sole shooter scheduled to return on Sunday, we all agreed that tying up the rifle range all day Sunday for one shooter was not fair to the range, especially with the start of deer season just around the corner. Given this, we shared found goodbyes and wrapped up the weekend.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!