News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ariel, WA 23-24 Nov 2013

Started by Theophilus, November 17, 2013, 03:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Theophilus

This will be the last Appleseed Shoot of the year for Wolverton Mountain Gun Club. 

We are looking forward to an absolutely great event filled with shooters ready to learn.

Instructors signed up so far for this event include Kimber Custom, Earl, kenjo, cubflyr and flipper.

Come prepared to enjoy 2 days of wonderful Appleseed, taught by a great Appleseed Instructor Corps!

Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Kimber Custom

Okay, Erika is proof that what we teach works - brand new shooter, didn't qualify on the AM red coat, clears the PM redcoat and shot a 196 on the first AQT. I'm sure you will see a picture of her tomorrow with a patch.

Earl

A great first day of Appleseed. Long drive from home, 2 1/2 hours, but the friendly faces of the RWVA and the returning for another round Appleseeders make it all worth the effort. Lots of families and friends for the shooters - easy to relate to the Lexington trainiing band. Seemed a bit slower than normal, but time is relative so all points covered and by the end of the day a greatly improved Redcoat target and I had happy forward looking shooters. Tomorrow might be very good.

Now I have had a cup of coffee and a bowl of soup, I think I am warm enough for a hot shower and some deep but short sleep. O0
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Abouttime

I came as an observer and WILL shoot next time... instructors were excellent!
"The right of the people to keep and bear...arms shall not be infringed. A well regulated militia, composed of the body of the people, trained to arms, is the best and most natural defense of a free country..." (James Madison, I Annals of Congress 434 [June 8, 1789])

Kimber Custom

Earl

Second day of the Appleseed, and it was a great one. Three shooters earned their Rifleman patch, one of them a brand new to shooting and from California, she will be missed here when she goes back. But maybe they do have Appleseeds in California and she can get hooked up with the program. O0

We had ten young patriots and I tried to tell a little about what the children would have been doing that day, gathering eggs, caring for the animals taking food, blankets or socks to their family members with the militia.  :)

Long drive home, but I made it and emptied my pockets - finding I have the Shoot Boss's timer, which I will return when we meet again on the trail, or I will send it by mail. :-[
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Norm

awesome!
Super rad pics.

Special thanks goes to all the Volunteeers, see you all again...SOON

cubflyr

It was my pleasure to help instruct a line of fine Appleseeder's with a teachable attitude and bunches of smiles. Makes the time spent with you all very rewarding.
Great job Norm, Travis and Erica ! And all of you youngsters, very happy to see you and your parents using some of your life's energy to join us on the Appleseed trail. Come back again.
cubflyr :~