News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Cloverdale, Indiana October 26-27th, 2013

Started by Eddie, October 28, 2013, 10:57:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddie

We had a cold start both days with a thick coating of frost on the grass but the sun came out in the afternoons and we had some brilliant weather for shooting.

This was a really fun group of shooters to work with.  Everyone was enthusiastic and upbeat and they all left happy.

We had several success stories and everyone showed steady improvement through the weekend.  I expect to see several more of these shooters smiling and holding up patches in future AARs.

A few highlights:
-we handed out two youth patches
-on Saturday we had our first Rifleman score with a young lady turning in a 226
-on Saturday veteran IIT Philagothan passed his final test under the watchful eye of DaveD to become a full Instructor
-on Sunday another hard working shooter earned his Rifleman patch
-on Sunday I had the pleasure of receiving my green hat from DaveD on the same range where he handed me my patch on a rainy Patriot's Day a few years ago.

This will go down as one of the most fun and most rewarding shoots that I have enjoyed with the project.  The range here is special to me for sentimental reasons and I have worked a lot of shoots with Dave and Kevin over the years.

Pictures to follow.
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Eddie

Here is a shot of the line on Saturday after the sun came out.  To me this is perfect shooting weather.

Eddie

Philagothan took these:

Me receiving my green hat from DaveD.

A shooter on Sunday receiving his patch. 

Eddie

One last picture from my phone:

This is the line on Sunday morning.  For those of you who know him; we need to get the character in the foreground into an orange hat.  The surly fellow re-qualled twice on Sunday.  I have threatened to grab a can of the spray that we use to mark the firing line and just paint the top of his head orange.

Eddie

If someone has pictures of the young lady getting her patch please post them.

DaveD

What a great weekend   O0     and I just happen to have that photo

!
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind."

Thomas Jefferson

philagothon

What an amazing weekend! We had several walk-ons and a lot more two day shooters than initially expected. And the weather was beautiful.

Mike, you're doing great at confirming that Rifleman patch. Seriously consider taking a hat, Appleseed needs more dangerous old men.

Zack (Zach?, sorry I can't remember the spelling), you showed steady improvement throughout the day. I hope to see you at another Appleseed soon, you're well on your way to earning your Rifleman patch.

Megan, it was a pleasure working with you. You listened and applied the instruction well and effectively. If you can make it to Crawfordsville I'm certain you'll be able to go hunting with great confidence. Here's a link to the sign up page for Crawfordsville: http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5146435126

Ben, you made outstanding improvement. With a 205 you are absolutely pounding on the door of the Rifleman patch.

Caleb, congrats on winning your air rifle competition and shooting a 199. I suspect you'll be earning your patch very soon.

Suzanne, you were great all weekend. I can't remember your exact scores, but I remember you're not a woman to be trifled with.  You are raising fine, confident kids; thank you.

Hannah, 226! Huzzah! Great job young lady! You have an infectious smile and a great attitude. That smile after Sunday evening's Red Coat was awesome.

Close family, you are the essence of what makes America great. You have true Patriot spirits. Thank you for coming back on Sunday and I look forward to seeing all of you in December.

Eilleen, you were a joy to work with all weekend.

Art, it was an honor to have you with us. I hope you are able to bring even more of your family next time.

Joe, congrats on earning your patch. I didn't get to work with you much, but it was clear you had your fundamentals down. You had solid steady hold factors and excellent trigger control.

Karen, it was good to see you again. I'm glad DaveD was able to help you get your sights lined out. Keep working at it.

I know there were others, but I didn't get to work with all of you. Everyone was safe and kept positive attitudes. Thank you for your participation. Don't forget the 7th step; come back, bring friends, share the story, and get involved.

Finally, DaveD and Eddie, it was great working with you guys again. Thank you for allowing me to get in some AQTs Sunday afternoon.

Eddie

Did anyone lose a piece of gear at this shoot?  I have been contacted by a shooter who found something in his truck that does not belong to him?