News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Coeur d'Alene, ID October 19-20, 2013 AAR

Started by actineon, October 20, 2013, 02:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

actineon

Good weather, good shooters, what more could we want?

Congratulations to the 4 new riflemen from Saturday.

actineon

Good job Martha, sticking it out and getting that Rifleman's patch.

I've never been to an Appleseed before where the shooters were this overjoyed about getting their rifleman's scores.

eert

Shooters and Instructors,

Thanks for getting off the couch and coming to an Appleseed!  Can you believe the weather we had!

Congratulations to all the new Rifleman and to all others who persevered through the weekend.  Five new and one multiple repeat RM.  Pretty good percentage - 6 out of 11.

I think I once heard someone say we instructors don't get paid for our volunteer efforts.  Well, take a look at those RM smiles and tell me I didn't have a richly rewarded weekend!

I hoping we might have even lit a little fire for picking up a few more ORANGE Hats.  Well, how about it Brian, Mary, Holly?? 

As we said yesterday-for those still seeking the patch-dry fire practice is the key.  Get those transitions down, acquire NPOA quickly, and put those 6 steps together. 

I hope to see you all again.  Take good care and be safe.

PM me if you want pdf's of targets, dry fire instructions, etc. 

EERT

hawkhavn

Looks like the magic is still in the air at Fernan Rod and Gun Club!
Great job everyone (and great weather to boot!).

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com