News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

KD AQTs at Red Brush THIS WEEKEND (Impromptu Instructor KD Day)

Started by SPQR, October 17, 2013, 11:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SPQR

Alright, here is the lowdown.

Mudcat has secured the 500 yard range at Red Brush in Evansville for Saturday.  We can occupy the range Friday night.  Camping is available.

I still have the D centers, pasters, radios and glue from the forlorn Atterbury debacle, so we are good to go on that front.  Everyone is welcome.  I see no reason why, at this point, we shouldn't invite friends and family that are competent marksmen as well to share the fun as long as they aren't goofballs and can keep up.

I am guessing that AB will probably stay north (though it would be awesome if they made it) so I will move into the SB position and Mudcat will run the line with me.  Since we just have it for the day I reckon we will just streamline it, keep instruction to a minimum, and just get comeups and shoot AQTs.  If folks show up sorted out I see no reason why we cannot comfortably get comeups for everyone and shoot 3 or 4 AQTs.  In addition, I suspect a large dinner somewhere with screaming, yelling, and accusations will round out the evening.

Respond in the Indiana thread of the same name so we can get an idea for numbers.

huff

(PS- No, the ammo will not be free.  Brown and I discussed it and he feels that it would not be in good faith to use it outside of Atterbury.  CJ wanted to donate the ammo as soon as he saw our operation in June and we stated that it would be used by instructors at the base.  Brown is going to sit on it until we can get a reschedule date for CAJMTC)   
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

RifleBen

I'll be there Friday evening, camping through Saturday, there all day, and up for camping into Sunday if that works out.

Hats off to Mudcat for saving my weekend!   :bow:

..:..
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."
                                                                             John 15:13

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
-Theodore Roosevelt

Mudcat

Ben just give a call when you plan to be there to make sure I am there too.

812 431 4087
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

RifleBen

I put your # into my old little cell phone. I'll be leaving this afternoon after getting everything squared away... I packed most of the way last night, but between high school and working over 30 hours this week already- I paid dearly to get this weekend off haha- I'm not quite prepped yet.
"Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends."
                                                                             John 15:13

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better.
The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
-Theodore Roosevelt