News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Steppin' Down For a While.

Started by Magloader, October 15, 2013, 04:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magloader

Appleseed has been one of the best things that has happened to me. History, marksmanship, meeting other Sons of Liberty. The list goes on. Appleseed was one of the best things that happened in my life, and I bet it will stay that way for a good long while.

Several months ago, I received a blow to the face that started causing health issues. These problems continue to get worse, and my doctor told me that until further notice, I am not allowed on the gun range, at all, for any purpose. I have tried doing things in the shadows, to help Appleseed out where I can, because it is such an awesome program, and it needs to go far. Anyway, it has gotten to the point to where I am no longer able to help, so I am backing out of the program completely. I wish it was different. Heck, I wish a LOT of things were different. I hope things continue to go well for Appleseed. I will be watching to see how it is doing, and I will ALWAYS be rooting for it. I will always be promoting it to the best of my ability, telling the stories, sending friends to shoots, and making sure that everyone who will listen to me, hears the stories of April 19th, 1775.

And I hope and pray that within a very short time I will see you all back on the trail.

In Liberty,
                                                                                                           Magloader
Let your light shine before men that they may see your good deeds, and praise your Father in Heaven.- Mathew 5:16

Jesus answered, " I am the way, truth, and the light. No one comes to the Father except through me." - John 14:6

Sly223

"Smoakin'2" IBC11/12
"Plattka 3-12"(IBC)FL
What have you done for this program lately?
IBC-Tampa 8,'10
RBC-"Myakka12'10"RCR
C-1, Do-1, Teach many!
"Run all you want, you'll just die tired"!
There is U.S. & there is Dems!

George Hacker

Magloader,

Get well soon.  Sorry to hear you have to step away.

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

scuzzy

Hey Magloader,

My thoughts and prayers to you.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

Barbie

Hope everything get's better for you real soon.  Best of luck with everything.

:---
Barbie
(812)-290-4738
barbie_bedel@yahoo.com

Indiana Appleseed:  Farm Bred, Brass Fed

Lord make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true, and my hands faster than those who would seek to destroy me.  Grant me victory over my foes, and those  that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had my Gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you take me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

ThaiFighter

Hope you heal up right as rain and soon at that!  We look forward to having you back when you can join us!  :---
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people."

-GBS

Proud to be funding TG and BF's retirement account... ;)

Unbridled Liberty

Hang in there Magloader.  Get better and let me know when you are ready to get back out there.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

CharlieHotel

Praying for your fast recovery, darlin...

Be strong and keep ur powder dry.

CH
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

Mudcat

Hang in there ML and we hope to see you back out again. We will keep you in our prayers for a speedy and full recovery.
Tell the family we said hey. :)
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

dond

It was a pleasure working with you ML, and I hope it won't be long before you're back with us. Take care of yourself, get well, and hurry back.

Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law" because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Thomas Jefferson

For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong.  H. L. Mencken

slim

I will never forget you, Magloader. I'm glad to have met you out on the trail and had the opportunity to overcome adversity together. I wish you good luck in overcoming this issue as well.

We're still here if you ever need us.  -:)

LesMoore

I have not had the opportunity of working with you yet, so I hope you are able to return very soon.

In the mean time, we will be thinking of you and keeping you in our prayers. 

LesMoore

TaosGlock

Heal fast and hope to meet up with you someday!
Thanks for all you have done and will do for Appleseed.
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

BeSwift

Get well soon and THANK YOU for your service to the program! Thoughts and prayers your way!
BeSwift
"The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well"
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Happiness =  Reality - Expectations

Charles McKinley

Hi ML,

Get healed up right the first time.  You will be glad that you did what you needed to do as healing get slower as we go down life's path.  I hope to see you on the trail.  Read up on your history and knock the PC4 out of the park when you come back.  Only if you are able work in a Libertyseed when you can to keep in touch.

Thoughts and Prayers

Stand
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

Josey Wales

..Magloader,
  I understand Completely what you are going through. Life has a way of ripping us down at times. We have to make a conscious choice to use it as a blessing. To use our struggles to better ourselves no matter what. I am also going through some heavy duty health issues for the last year and it looks like it will continue for a while into the future. In the meantime I pray for you and your good will, stay strong, stay positive and do what you have to do to get well and build a better future. You will overcome..

......Strength & Honor.......Josey Wales........
..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

sean_shoot_here

fisherdawg

Get well soon, Magloader.
I will keep you in my prayers.
fisherdawg
If men were angels, no government would be necessary. If angels were to govern men, neither external nor internal controls on government would be necessary. (James Madison)

"Young man, what we meant in going for those Redcoats was this: we always had governed ourselves and we always meant to. They didn't mean we should."
(Captain Levi Preston, of the Danvers militia, at age 91, remembering the day)

That it is an indispensable duty which we owe to God, our country, ourselves and posterity, by all lawful ways and means in our power to maintain, defend and preserve those civil and religious rights and liberties, for which many of our fathers fought, bled and died, and to hand them down entire to future generations.  Suffolk Resolves, September 9, 1774, attributed to Dr. Joseph Warren

Ratchett

Magloader,

What a tragic event for one so young! I pray that God's healing hands surround you fading your symptoms away and that comfort and strength be a blessing as well. Always remember you have a second family with AS and we are here if ever you need anything... Hoping your time away is short!! Stay strong little sister in liberty...

IHG,
ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley