News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Nampa, ID Oct 2013 shoot

Started by scoob, October 14, 2013, 02:24:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoob

Project Appleseed is coming back to Nampa, Idaho.  Currently we have 11 shooters signed up and plenty of room on the firing line for more shooters.  Instructors will be coming from western Washington, California, eastern Idaho, and the local area to cover this event.  The event will be held October 26-27, 2013 at the Nampa Rod & Gun Club, 7990 Bennett Road, Nampa, Idaho.

If you live in the Boise area, consider signing up for this event - especially if you haven't had an opportunity to attend an Appleseed event before.  Bring a friend or two.  You will have an awesome experience that will be a lot of fun!

For more information, send a private message to scoob, Stuart McKim, or ShadowMan.  You can also send e-mail to NWPromo@appleseedinfo.org if you can't send a PM.
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
--------------------------------------------------------------
Be sure and LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: 
Northwest Region Project Appleseed
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

scoob

Is anyone planning on camping at the range? 
I'm local, but I'm tentatively planning to camp if there are others doing so.
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho
During the whole affair, the rebels attacked us in a very scattered, irregular manner, but with perseverance and resolution, nor did they ever dare to form into a regular body. Indeed they knew too well what was proper, to do so. Whoever looks upon them as an irregular mob, will find himself very much mistaken. They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about..."Gen. Hugh, Earl Percy

George Hacker

Quote from: scoob on October 14, 2013, 02:25:34 PM
Is anyone planning on camping at the range? 
I'm local, but I'm tentatively planning to camp if there are others doing so.

Since you're camping... I'm camping also.  Any good excuse to sit around a fire with ya.
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

scoob

Cool!

Also, I spoke with the Gore family, and I think they're planning on attending, at least hoping to.  Joe mentioned something about a small loaner rifle you had that fit Evan really well last October.  Do you still have that one?
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho

George Hacker

Quote from: scoob on October 14, 2013, 02:56:43 PM
Also, I spoke with the Gore family, and I think they're planning on attending, at least hoping to.  Joe mentioned something about a small loaner rifle you had that fit Evan really well last October.  Do you still have that one?

Most excellent.  We currently have 13 preregistered for the event, so I hope Joe & Margo sign up soon.

I'm not sure about the loaner rifle.  I have 10/22s with standard Ruger stocks.  Perhaps that was a rifle that Mark Davis loaned him?

ShadowMan
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

Nero

We're not bringing the camper up this time - driving something smaller and faster  >:D - so will stay at some motel in Nampa.  Any recommends?  It should have a good breakfast...
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

scoob

I don't have any first- or second-hand knowledge of which motel would be preferred over another, so I would have have to google/yelp/tripadvisor it.

As far as breakfast goes:  We usually meet at the Sunrise Family Restaurant, 515 12th Ave Rd, Nampa, ID 83686 each day before the shoots.  I forget what time, but 6:45a.m. sticks in my head.

Quote from: Nero on October 14, 2013, 04:06:40 PM
We're not bringing the camper up this time - driving something smaller and faster  >:D - so will stay at some motel in Nampa.  Any recommends?  It should have a good breakfast...
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho

Nero

Quote from: scoob on October 14, 2013, 04:16:45 PM
I don't have any first- or second-hand knowledge of which motel would be preferred over another, so I would have have to google/yelp/tripadvisor it.

That's what I'd do anyway, so I'll get on with it.  (We'll be hanging around Boise/Emmett for the following week, BTW.)

As far as breakfast goes:  We usually meet at the Sunrise Family Restaurant, 515 12th Ave Rd, Nampa, ID 83686 each day before the shoots.  I forget what time, but 6:45a.m. sticks in my head.

OK, that simplifies the breakfast thing.   O0
"Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet depreciate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground. They want rain without thunder and lightning. They want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters." —Frederick Douglass

Mark Davis

Sunrise cafe opens at 6 on Saterday, 7 on Sunday.

Prescott

When you are looking for a hotel, just make sure it is upwind from the sugar beet factory.   Trust me on this one!
"America will never be destroyed from the outside.  If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Stuart McKim

Quote from: scoob on October 14, 2013, 04:16:45 PM

Let's do 06:30, so we have a bit more margin to eat breakfast and get over to the range before students start arriving. I'm planning on starting the show at 08:30 like we say we will. :)
"Good positions mean good scores. Poor positions mean poor scores. It's as easy as that." - Rifle Marksmanship with the M1 Rifle (1943)

scoob

I am excited to report that persistence (and promo) is paying off!  We now have 19 shooters signed up, and at least two walk-ons that I know are planning to attend.  Several folks have expressed an interest in observing, and I told them it is highly encouraged.

I have a lot to look forward to this weekend:
We'll probably have a full line!  ^:)^
We have an IIT that moved to the area, is settled-in, and is working his first shoot!   ^:)^
I am looking forward to meeting, working under, and camping out with one of our cadre from the other side of the state.  ^:)^
I am excited to work and hang out with our border-raiders (and hopefully, future locals) from the Bay Area.  ^:)^
And finally, my good friend and mentor from southern Washington will be here to work, camp out, and spread the message of liberty! ^:)^  ^:)^

Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho

hawkhavn

All,

Have a great time this weekend!  Looks like a winning team and a full line...a combo that is hard to beat!

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com

Neff

It was a good weekend! Thanks to all involved for the good times and great shoot.
Rob

scoob

Thanks Rob!  I hope to see you and Ahren on the line again.  I definitely see that patch in your future!

All - The AAR is started here:
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=38221.0 
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho

Neff

Maxwell Smart said it best, "Missed it, by THAT much.." Yep, I'll nail it some day.

By the way,I got all those fliers distributed at work this morning. Lots of interested folks.

Have a good day!

Rob

scoob

Cool man!  PM me if you need more.  I have a pile of them and can get still more.
Mike 'scoob' Underwood
Boise, Idaho