News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wilmington, OH 28 & 29 September 2013

Started by DGMilty, September 30, 2013, 11:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMilty

What a GREAT weekend in Wilmington!

First off, a big THANK YOU to the CCFSA for having us again, and another THANK YOU to Jim & Carol for the meals!  That sacrifice you made to cook for us means SO MUCH!

Beautiful weather, the sounds of Liberty, from the .22s and up; and a great weekend of Heritage!  Glad to be amongst the 20 fellow Patriots!

We had an AWESOME group of shooters.  Seriously...good groups in the targets right from the start!  Thanks to those who could come back on Sunday, and especially Patrick, Dave, and Dave for really giving it your all!  We had six youngsters on the line...youngsters who were very willing to learn!

Several repeat shooters, and just as many "over the hump" with an "almost there" score!  PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!  YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Two existing Riflemen requalified, Scott, and RifleBen.  RifleBen was also presented an Orange Hat on Saturday so that he could begin his apprenticeship!  Thanks for stepping up!

A couple promotions, dirtdawg and Longrifleman.  Good job!

I look forward to working with each and every one of you in the near future!  Thanks for letting me share my weekend with you!  You are the reason we do what we do!!!

One final thing, a sincere and heartfelt "thank you" to slim!  He came to shoot, but he was also there for some help!
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Longrifleman

A perfect weekend for shooting at THE premier AS range in Southern Ohio! Special thanks to CCFSA and dirtdawg for hosting us.

We have men amongst us who will be riflemen soon- Navy Chief (soooo close), Dave, Dave ,Patrick and Jaysen- stay on it O0

Thank you DGMilty and slim- excellence in leadership. RifleBen and dirtdawg- you can be my wingmen anytime ;)
Do thou Great LIBERTY inspire our Souls- And make our Lives in thy Possession happy- Or, our Deaths glorious in thy just Defense.

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed as they are in almost every kingdom in Europe. The supreme power in America cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword because the whole body of the people are armed"- Noah Webster A.D.1787

". . . They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons,
that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and
delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings
said: "Stick to the Devil you know."
"The Gods of the Copybook Headings,". Rudyard Kipling A.D.1919

NavyChief

Quote from: DGMilty on September 30, 2013, 11:23:14 PMA couple promotions, dirtdawg and Longrifleman.  Good job!

I missed that.  Congratulations to both!

Quote from: Longrifleman on October 03, 2013, 11:52:48 PMWe have men amongst us who will be riflemen soon- Navy Chief (soooo close)

Yeah.  As I've mentioned elsewhere: "Disappointed? Sure.  Discouraged?  Nope." 

This was a near perfect weekend for an Appleseed.  Weather was pleasant both days even accounting for the slight drizzle (wasn't really heavy enough to even be called a light shower IMHO) we had Sunday.  Yes, the sun was in our eyes part of the afternoon Saturday, but that's normal for the CCFSA range and certainly nothing that couldn't be worked through.  And the overcast on Sunday made for near perfect shooting conditions.  Speaking for myself, a good time was had.  "Trigger time is happy time."

MeanStreaker

I'm betting there's a patch with your name on it at the next event, Chief.  O0
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

dirtdawg

I am sure you are right, MS.

If is was easy, everyone would do it on the first try. If it's worth doing, it probably ain't easy.

NavyChief

Quote from: MeanStreaker on October 04, 2013, 11:21:48 AM
I'm betting there's a patch with your name on it at the next event, Chief.  O0
There was one with my name on it there THIS time.  I just threw three shots.  And called every one of them in that millisecond or so before I saw the hole in the paper. 

slim

Quote from: NavyChief on October 04, 2013, 06:32:06 PMcalled every one of them in that millisecond or so before I saw the hole in the paper.
What were you doing focusing on the paper?  &)

NavyChief