News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Three Forks, MT September 28-29, 2013

Started by Carlson, September 28, 2013, 09:21:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carlson

Greetings Appleseeders,

As the day dawned at the beautiful Samuel Whittemore memorial range, 9 patriotic Americans braved the the chinook winds in Three Forks, Montana to rediscover their heritage, and step into history.  The wind grew steadily all day, marksmanship was improved, and the stories of Lexington and Concord were presented.

Sunday dawned warmer and windy.  6 Patriots returned to continue their journey of Heritage and Marksman.   The morning was challenging as we had strong winds from the south, threatening to pull the flags of our founders off of their poles.   As we paused for lunch, the wind did also.   As we were about to present individual experiences from Dangerous Old Men and Brave Women of 1775, the wind stopped, as if pausing for breath.

Then the wind shifted 180 degrees, the temperature dropped 10 degrees, and the rain/snow/hail began. 

Alas, Montana weather demands a different respect, and we collectively decided it would be safer for all if we packed it up.   

Scott, Sam, Rocky, Nathan, Sean and Candice, I'll be near the area, and I'll make myself available to work individually with each of you between now and the next Appleseed event.

Special Thanks to the Samuel Whittemore Memorial Range  for accommodating us this weekend.

Thank You to our Steller Montana Instructors, mtmisfit and bru.  It was truly a pleasure to meet you, and I look forward to working with both of you in the future.

Carlson

Photos from Saturday

Yours Truly,

colonial shooter

Man, I really miss the Samuel Whittemore memorial range. Still looks good.
"When the government fears the people there is liberty; when the people fear the government there is tyranny." --Thomas Jefferson

Only the dead have seen the end of war
Plato

"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." - George Santayana

Carlson

Photos from Sunday:

Notice the flags on the target line.   20MPH Sustained.

Left to right:  Nathan, Scott, Sam, and Rocky

Sean and Candice

bru

a couple more pics.  The first is history on Saturday; the second is us "circling the wagons" this morning -- trying to create a windbreak.  it kind-of, sort-of didn't really help the shooters. 

Thanks to everybody for a good (albeit shortened) weekend.  Everyone was amazingly upbeat despite the weather. 
Thank you Carlson and welcome to Montana!
"Our friends show us what we can do; our enemies teach us what we must do"  -Goethe

mtmisfit

Sunday it started out promising, a tad breezy but with potential.

Then mother nature changed her mind.

Sorry, no pictures of when the conditions got bad.
"Count it the greatest sin to prefer life to honor, and for the sake of living to lose what makes life worth having."

"Lo Que Sea, Cuando Sea, Donde Sea"

".. You MUST learn from the mistakes of others. You can't possibly live long enough to make them all yourself..."

"central planning cannot work because it is trying to substitute an individual all-knowing intelligence for a distributed and fragmented system of localized but connected knowledge."

"Process and Procedure are the last hiding place of people without the wit and wisdom to do their job properly."

duc-dog

Sounds like a great shoot despite the weather!!!

Matt,
I couldn't spot you in the crowd with all that clothing on.   
Also what is that white stuff on the mountains in the background??????.
Miss working with you down here in SUNNY New Mexico, although it was a cool 84 degrees here this past weekend.

Great job and see you on the trail
Milt
If you will not fight when you can easily win without bloodshed.
   You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory because it
      is better to perish than to live as slaves.  
         Winston Churchhill (paraphased)

Carlson

Quote from: duc-dog on September 30, 2013, 11:43:29 AM
Sounds like a great shoot despite the weather!!!

Matt,
I couldn't spot you in the crowd with all that clothing on.   
Also what is that white stuff on the mountains in the background??????.
Miss working with you down here in SUNNY New Mexico, although it was a cool 84 degrees here this past weekend.

Great job and see you on the trail
Milt

Milt,
I must admit,  I was grateful for my Red Hooded Sweatshirt on this trip.   That front pocket is a great place to stash a little hand warmer.
I haven't quite figured out the white stuff on the mountains yet.   My new neighbors tell me it that I will understand before the end of the year.

Patriot Gal

Nice pictures!  Looked like another great Appleseed shoot!

So...do we need a "Windy" Rifleman patch???   O0
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Carlson

For those in the Bozeman area that are interested, I've created a facebook group.  I'm hoping to schedule days that I'll be at Logan range.   If anyone would like additional coaching, or practice with the Appleseed™ Qualification Test, let me know, and we can schedule some time.

Please email for group access. 
appleseed.gallatin@groups.facebook.com

Mark Davis

Darn it, the air was really fresh, and I missed it.
Appleseeders stayed out there punching targets untill they got to wet to stay up.

Jerry Hall

Howdy All,

Reminds me of a couple of events in northeastern Texas and White Sands Missle Range without the rain, sleet, hail and snow(just blowing dirt).
Just those who choose to perservere their rifles and their targets in the 50 mph winds. :bow: :bow: :bow:
It does my heart good to see y'all havin fun.

Thanks to you all for stepping up!

Jerry
"The significant problems we face today cannot be solved with the same level of thinking that we were at when we created them. Albert Einstein."

"One Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Necee

Mark..how does that go?   Fresh air rapidly refreshed?  ;)  Way to go everyone for persevering!!