News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Finally....I met doubleLL!

Started by Bullet, September 22, 2013, 11:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bullet

Ever since I was working towards my Rifleman patch a couple of years ago, I've been hearing about the legendary doubleLL, who at the time was the only female full instructor in TX. I finally got to meet her this weekend as we tag-teamed shoot bossing a LadySeed here in Texas. And yes, Lauren is as wonderful as everybody said. =)

As far as we know, we're the only two female full instructors in Texas (correct me if I'm wrong). So we made sure to get a picture to commemorate the occasion!

We're both excited about the growing number of female orange hats in Texas who are working towards their red hats....keep up the good work, Texas gals!
"Men do less than they ought unless they do all that they can." --Thomas Carlyle

"But we are not called to lives of prestige; we are called to lives of faithfulness. And sometimes faithfulness is just mundane and daily and ordinary and one foot in front of the other." --N. Adams

scuzzy

Huzzah.
Lauren is coool.  :cool2: Was Andrew at the shoot too?

Lauren - tell Andrew howdy for me.

An Armed Society is a polite society. Heinlein.

spitstickler

Thanks for making the trip up, Bullet!

O0 O0
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Reddot

Sounds like y'all had a great shoot!!

AlarmList76

I count myself fortunate to have shot beside Lauren and her hubby on one of their first Appleseeds at Davilla.  And as an Orange hat I watched and helped Rachel improve her marksmanship and then grow into an instructor with the program.  Both are great role models for all of us.  Keep up the fire Ladies!