News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rochester, IN September 21-22, 2013 AAR

Started by AuntieBellum, September 22, 2013, 09:30:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AuntieBellum

What a BEAUTIFUL weekend!  We were blessed with wonderful weather this weekend.  Not a drop of rain - unheard of for my weekends at Sand Burr Gun Ranch.  As our only shooter on Saturday, Roy got some great 2-on-1 instruction.  Your scores, and more importantly - your groups - improved tremendously by the end of the weekend.  I can't wait to see you pound holes in the paper with those fancy new tech-sights and sling you've got on order!  Pam, thank you for being there as Roy's support.  It was a pleasure to spend the weekend with you.  And I seriously cannot wait to make some pancakes to enjoy some of your maple syrup - thank you!

Nick and Devon - thank you both for joining in the fun on Sunday.  We got Devon caught up, and then we hit the AQTs hard.  Both of you found your Rifleman's Bubble, and your scores showed it.  Devon - a 196 your first time out as a Sunday-only attendee.  Wow.  Dry-fire at home, and you'll be right there next time. 

And Nick - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  I'm always happy to welcome a new Rifleman.  You've worked hard, and it all came together for you today.  I'm sure your wife will be proud.

I hope to see all of you again soon.  Until then - where are our pictures???!!!
:pics:
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

indygunguy

I agree, what a great weekend.  The weather was absolutely perfect.

Amy and Rob were excellent.  It was nice meeting and shooting with Roy and Devon.  Devon's 196 score on his very first day was impressive.  I hope he comes back for a full weekend soon.

Shooting the steel at 100 yards was TONS of fun.

And I got my patch!

indygunguy

And the quote of the day came from Rob:  "Your NPOA has to be somewhere.  You might as well put it on your target."

Words of wisdom.