News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Piru, CA Sept 21-22, 2013

Started by gonejohnny, September 23, 2013, 10:34:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gonejohnny

Another great weekend at our private Appleseed Range in Piru, CA. Seven wonderful Americas joined us for a weekend of marksmanship instruction and to hear a story on the birth of our great nation!

The Saturday morning pop-quiz on the Redcoat target showed that we all had much work to accomplish with the instruction. All but one of our shooters caught the dreaded bayonet, with the one successful shooter only qualifying at the reduced 100-yards!

Chris, Veronica, Jessica, Kristian, Orvel, Tamara & Rory worked as a team all weekend and soaked up well all they were presented with. Sunday afternoon Redcoats saw all students qualify, with two at 200-yards and one blazing his way to 300 and the HS!

Quite a few of the students this weekend are knocking hard on that door in front of their Rifleman's score. Remember this is a perishable skill. Dry practice and persistence is the key.

This weekend also saw a visit on Saturday from Instructors Camljr and the infamous KoolAid... who, much like Kane from Kung-Fu often just wanders on out from the hillside, often with a rifle in hand and surely with stories, insight and tales that you really cannot get from anywhere(one) else...

Too all who attended this weekend, please share your experience and please come back soon.

and now... pictures:

To Gratefuldog, Ventura-Steve, Camljr, KoolAid & all our shooters... Thank you for allowing me another weekend spent with some of the finest people around.

'till next time, FAVOR CENTER!
- GoneJohnny

Ventura-Steve

To all those that came out, thanks!  I hope everyone had a great time.  I had an awesome time.

Chris and Ronnie, it was nice seeing the two of you again. I very much want to see at least one of earn your Rifleman score next time.  I'll do whatever I can to help.

Kris, Jessica, Rory, Tamara and Orvel, it was nice meeting each of you.  I hope to each of you as well. 

I'd like to give a special thanks to Tamara for spreading the word and getting new shooters off the couch and to the range for what I'm sure must have been a wonderful experience for them.  Please continue to spread the word about marksmenship and thanks again.

Until next time,
Steve