News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Port Sulphur, LA - Sept. 14

Started by LawDog, September 16, 2013, 11:58:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LawDog

I can't remember when I have left an Appleseed event with a bigger smile on my face.   :)  Although various factors kept attendance low, nothing could dampen the spirits of those who turned out.  The look on Troy's face when his groups in prone shrink in half with one change in position was the highlight of the morning.   ^:)^  He now knows he has the skill of a Rifleman.  Troy topped out at 199, but he is oh-so-close to a much higher score. 

The afternoon saw a break in the AQTs for a trip to the 300 yard line.  Picking up an AR zeroed at 25M, John quickly put hits on target at 300 (with 55 grain ammo).   O0  Troy used his trusty M1A to tear bigger holes at long range.   :~  We don't get many opportunities to teach KD in Louisiana and these guys made the most of this one. 

Buoyed with confidence, John returned to the Line and ripped off successive Rifleman scores!   :bow:   229 came first, followed by a 216 on a Rapid Fire AQT.  Troy would have joined him had the storm clouds not been rolling in. 

Both these men had heard the stories of April 19th before.  But I have never seen anyone listening more attentively to the words, "They have men amongst them . . ." than did John.  Sir, you indeed know very well what you are about!  Congratulations!  See you next time - with friends in tow!