News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Poulsbo, WA Sept 14-15 2013 AAR

Started by Earl, September 13, 2013, 06:26:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earl

Earl is the Shoot Boss

paulw is Instructor

IIT   cubflyr, Tracy_B, Chronos
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Earl

First Day of the Appleseed.

I came to Poulsbo, a worried Shoot Boss, and I really thank bob 210 for delivering my shoot box on time Friday afternoon so I had the material.

I was happy it was a quiet morning drive across the Narrows bridge to Poulsbo, that the Range gate was open and their was a club RSO with the target line up and my two RWVA instructors setting up and settling in - waiting on me! And I knew Paulw but had concerns about anyone with a forum name like cubflyr - until I recognized his truck, it was Al who had really helped me in Custer WA just two weekends earlier. He could only work Saturday, but I was ready with a real crew for the weekend.

Then to the shooters. Seventeen came to learn. The first Redcoat was like: 17 shooters 400-1 300-1 200-2 100-3 HS-1 cleared target 0
                                                                              second Redcoat                 16 shooters 400-3 300-3 200-1 100-1-3  HS-7 cleared target 2

Instruction was quick and constant and picked up well. Lots of promise in marksmanship when some issues with rifles, ammunition and some dry fire will work out a lot of everyone's troubles. Dave made Rifleman score on the two AQTs of the afternoon and was willing to pass on his rifle to a shooter for use on the second day. Ever wonder how many muskets were passed on to others to keep up the action on 19 April, 1775. They shared much that day. for Liberty.

It was a great day to be in the RWVA, in Poulsbo and passing on the tradition and heritage. Thank you, shooters!
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Theophilus

Huzzah, Earl!
Hope you, paulw, TraceyB, cubflyr, chronos and all had a great time, some Americans heard their heritage for the first time, and some started on the road to become Riflemen.

Thanks for stepping up to do this.

Theophilus
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only-begotten Son, that whosoever believes on him may not perish, but have life eternal.  John 3:16

CQ CQ CQ de WB7AOW

Earl

Second Day Eight shooters come to prove themselves before the heavy rains return.

Tracey_B brings help, always welcome.

Having such a great time listening to the Engineer talk about his job, Paulw has to remind me it is time to start.

Welcome and quick reviews, post the first Redcoat and away!

Great crew, small size but real heroes in spirit and truth, the threat of the very real thunderstorms may have discouraged shooters for Sunday, but those that came conquered. Three new Riflemen - I think Jayson would have invented a way to make Rifleman if what he was learning wasn't working. Steady and quietly confident Andrea repeatedly beat 210 that day, and Justin gave us one perfect 210 to toast tradition, and then several much better AQTs after (he was using a rifle that Dave had made his great scores with on Sunday) still we know it is the shooter.

Tracey_B

https://picasaweb.google.com/103938554850868586630/PoulsboWA91513

Here's a link to pictures from the Blanchard Crew. We had a great day. Thanks to all the shooters who came out to spend the day with Project Appleseed. Enjoyed meeting you and hope to cross paths again.

SimonJester308

It was a long time coming, but I made it to this event. Thank you all for your courtesy, patience, and professionalism. The use of your shooting mats was greatly appreciated, as was my fellow participant sharing his stapler with me on the first day. I was tired, sore, and at times felt like a fish out of water trying to force itself to sprout legs out of shear willpower. But out each of my self inflicted obstacles, the toughest was actually just showing up. Again, thank-you.

Earl

I was told once, long ago, most of life is about showing up... and then you have something you can talk about. Practice the positions, the steps in making the shot, and go over all those handouts. It will get easier, and for sure, you can always show up again. Or you can send some of your friends.