News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Crawfordsville, IN Sep. 7-8, 2013

Started by ATM, September 07, 2013, 09:32:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ATM

Great day at Crawfordsville Gun club, everyone did very well!

Congrats to our two new Riflemen, Tom and (left) Dan.  O0

More fine tuning tomorrow... see you then!

ETA: Sunday saw continued improvement and two more new Riflemen, congrats to John and Patrick!

Tom (benning375) has stepped up to take an orange hat as well!  ^:)^

Instructors yellowhousejake and Brown even stopped by to share the afternoon and some trigger time.

Will have more details and pics up soon so check back for more.

It was a pleasure spending the weekend getting to know and working with each of you, sharing in the stories and traditions of our heritage. Thanks for making it great!  :)
Say no to drugs. $$-0 Say yes to bacon. O0

stagehand steve

It was a great weekend with 4 new rifleman!  We had some great history and made some new friends.

Left Dan and Cheryl, glad you could join us.  I hope you can come back and make it a full weekend next time.

Right Dan, It was great to meet you.  I loved your enthusiasm and you came a long way in a short time.  Keep at it!  We'll see you on the line again!   (And bring your friend back for the whole weekend next time!!)

John, you were a pleasure to instruct!  Glad you made it back for day 2 to earn your patch.

Tom, way to go with getting your patch and thanks for stepping up to take a hat.

Patrick, it was awesome to see you persevere to the last AQT in order to make Rifleman!!  Well done.

ATM actually has most of the pictures, but I did get a few on my phone.  Enjoy!  See you on the line!

== stagehand steve ==

Patrick earns a patch!!

But wait, it was exactly at 210!

But boy does it feel good on a hot afternoon!
"The program needs us all working one level beyond where we truly feel comfortable and competent." - ATM

Frodo: I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

"A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."
- George Washington, First Annual Address, to both House of Congress (8 January 1790).

ATM

OLOFOSH

Hello All, this is Patrick.   :)

Thanks again for putting on a great event, and for patiently working with me ( ~~:) ) as I inched my way up to 210.  ;D  I'll be back with intent to obliterate that mark. 
"It is natural for man to indulge in the illusions of hope.  We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth, and listen to the song of that siren till she transforms us into beasts....  For my part, whatever anguish of spirit it may cost, I am willing to know the whole truth, to know the worst, and to provide for it."

--Patrick Henry

farrier

Certainly enjoyed the weekend, thanks to the range workers who made it all fun.
Hadn't had instruction for 50 years, and was not used to working under range commands.
Glad I was able to come back on Sunday and get 'in the bubble'.
Those of us fortunate enough to walk out of our house and be able to shoot anytime sometimes forget how lucky we are.
Will be adding a 25 meter post to my gun range at home and work some more with a 'bigger' bolt gun.
John

Left Dan

Thanks for putting on a great event!  There were a few new things I was able to learn, in both the shooting and history lessons.  No matter your skill level, this is good training.  Perfect for starting out new shooters, and even if you're an experienced marksman it's always good to get some reinforcement of what it takes to be a good one.  As an amateur history buff I enjoyed the excitement and knowledge the instructors had in their presentations.

Congratulations to everyone who earned their rifleman patch this weekend.  When we left on Saturday I told Cheryl there was no doubt that John would be back on Sunday to get it done!

The Nailer

Sorry for the late post but once again it was a fantastic weekend at the Crawfordsville Gun Club and I would like to thank them for hosting this event.  The shooters were all a pleasure to work with and their enthusiasm persistence and perseverance showed.  We had several riflemen and those who did not shoot their rifleman score defiantly had the rifleman spirit and with a little practice I have no doubt they will soon be there.  One shooter even gave a dangerous old man story of her own about one of her ancestors related to Daniel Morgan, how cool is that?

dlaz

This was a real great experience!

Thanks to all the instructors for the support and having the patience to deal with my newbie-ness! I will definitely build on the fundamentals that I picked up here and won't stop until I have them down. I have that riflemen patch in my sights!

The history part of it was fantastic. I think there is no better message to spread across the country than the true story of the start of the revolution especially at this time. It needs to be shouted from the mountain tops to refresh and revitalize that American spirit that got us to where we are in the first place.

I'm going to keep an eye out for opportunities to help out this cause when I can. It was good to meet everyone. You are all true patriots and I hope to run into you again at some point.

-(right) Dan

"The hour is fast approaching, on which the Honor and Success of this army, and the safety of our bleeding Country depend. Remember officers and Soldiers, that you are Freemen, fighting for the blessings of Liberty -- that slavery will be your portion, and that of your posterity, if you do not acquit yourselves like men."
-George Washington

ATM

Thanks for checking in and for leaving comments, everyone. You all did great and I hope to see each of you on the line again.  :)
Rally family and friends to join you, they'll love it!

Every shoot is slightly different but one thing is always assured... I continue to meet the best folks in America at Appleseed events.

Thanks for coming, for sharing, for persevering, for giving hope to our posterity, determined to participate in securing and making the most of this precious thing called Liberty... that we may pass our unique heritage on to them.

See you on the trail!