News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Miamisburg, OH 07 & 08 September 2013

Started by DGMilty, September 09, 2013, 11:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMilty

A big THANK YOU to the Miamisburg Sportsmen Club for hosting yet another event this past weekend.

Warm weather and lack of rain the last week or so left us a nice DRY range for the weekend.  Temperatures were in the mid upper 80's, kind of a blessing for September, but as the days progressed it was obvious that the bright sun and heat led to some fatigue on the firing line.  Prior thought was given to having a canopy set up on the line where we all could gather out of the sun and rehydrate ourselves while discussing our previous Points Of Instruction.

We had a couple unannounced walk-on shooters for Saturday only.  Their names elude me at the moment, but one of the shooters was brought by a friend who had been reading all the “good stuff” about Project Appleseed!  Thanks for coming.  I look forward to working with you again!!!

Redcoats, squares for steady hold factors, more squares for the 6 steps, more squares for NPOA.  And MORE squares for Rifleman's Cadence!!!   The lessons we teach are building blocks, layers on the cake, and each set of squares we shot had a purpose.  Hope I didn't bore you too much with the squares on Saturday!  I'll mix things up a bit next time.  If I don't, please remind me!!!

While finishing lunch on Saturday, we presented the First Strike.  Afterwards it was back to the firing line where we continued on our Course Of Fire.  We were able to squeeeeeeeeeze in 2 or 3 AQTs before our final Redcoat for the day.

On to Sunday,  before we got under way, we had a little guest over at the club house.  I know it was early, but at least that white rabbit didn't have a teacup and a top hat on!  (drink lots of water!)

A couple minor issues while making our rifles safe, all of which were immediately addressed by the RSOs and handled without incident  (good job, guys!)   Didn't we cover this well enough?

One new Rifleman...Congratulations, Joe!   

A couple other shooters were awful close to breaking 200.  I see a Rifleman Patch in your future! (Hey, Corvette...Doug will be at your next shoot).

Go through the handouts in your free time, and PRACTICE what you learned over the weekend.  You should all know that YOU are instructors now, so take that knowledge with you to the range and help spread the word.   Let's get this country turned back in to a nation of Riflemen.

Please please PLEASE read through the handout from Saturday morning.  Practice practice practice PRACTICE!!!  I can not EMPHASIZE that enough!!!  DRY FIRE!  Trigger Control!  Steady Hold Factors.  6 steps.  NPOA.  Remember the layers of the cake; the building blocks...and remember that there was a LOT of information thrown at you right off the bat, from 9 AM until noon on Saturday.  Appleseed is a heritage and distance marksmanship program.  Things might appear different at first, but they work.   

Last, but not least, please congratulate a couple of our Instructors, both Shep and FingerTip, on their promotions up a level working their way to a RED Hat!

See you down the trail!

DGMilty

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

MeanStreaker

It was a great weekend.  Thanks to everyone for being there.

Congrats to DGMilty on that Green Hat!

Congrats to Joe for earning his Rifleman Patch!  I think he purposely went for the 210 so he'd get a much welcome bath on a hot sticky day.

Hope to see everyone at the next shoot in Miamisburg in November.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

oneavgjoe

Thanks to all my instructors! Could not have done it without you.

I'll be back to improve on the 210 (although the water did feel great).