News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Where can I find a FD AQT Appleseed in Ohio this fall?

Started by TRDFurgesson, August 28, 2013, 01:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRDFurgesson

Corvette told me that New Philly would have one but I can't figure out which one it will be.  Anyone know??

Thanks,
Bobby
The DOJ now considers me an extremist due to my belief in our founding fathers principals, knowledge of our nations constitution, and belief in the need to use the powers in Article V thats enables the states to propose and ratify amendments to our constitution.

Help us right this ship...   http://www.marklevinshow.com/

Edheler

We shoot KD at New Philadelphia which might be what he meant. It is usually done on the 600 yard range at full distance because the club has target backers setup. The main range is only 300 yards so we can't do a FD AQT there. I don't have enough equipment to run a FD AQT on the 600 yard range.

I don't see any reason why we couldn't run one at New Philadelphia but it would probably have to be a special event.

The range nearest to Ohio that has regularly scheduled FD AQT's is Camp Atterbury in Indiana. Camp Atterbury has a bonus feature that you get to move to change distance instead of the targets.

Unbridled Liberty

Quote from: TRDFurgesson on August 28, 2013, 01:39:57 PM
Corvette told me that New Philly would have one but I can't figure out which one it will be.  Anyone know??

Thanks,
Bobby

Bobby,

Have you attended a regular Appleseed clinic yet?  FD events, such as the event this coming weekend in Park City, KY, require you to attend a regular shoot first.

UL
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Corvette

Just for everyone's benefit, TDRFugesson has attended two Appleseeds, shot Rifleman at New Philly last month, confirmed it last weekend at Newark and has accepted an Orange hat to become an IIT.  I have not had the chance to post the notice yet on his entry into the program but Robert is a great addition to the Ohio instructor team.  Please welcome Robert to our Ohio Appleseed family.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

Charles McKinley

Thanks for stepping up!  HUZZAH!

Could use some help at New Philly this weekend.  ;D
Last evening, it occurred to me that when a defender of Liberty is called home, their load lands upon the shoulders of the defenders left behind. Just as the Founders did their duty for Liberty, every subsequent generation must continue their work lest Liberty perish. As there is no way for the remaining adults to take on the work of those that die, we must pass the ideals and duties on to the children. -PHenery

TRDFurgesson

My sched is kind of hit and miss at the moment.  I've been working weekends since the AS at Newark, but am looking forward to making it out as soon as I can. 
The DOJ now considers me an extremist due to my belief in our founding fathers principals, knowledge of our nations constitution, and belief in the need to use the powers in Article V thats enables the states to propose and ratify amendments to our constitution.

Corvette

TDRFurgesson

Once I get you fully setup, it would be great if you could help us in our Marion Shoot at the end of Sept.  It would give you and me time to get you oriented to the program and off to a good start toward a Red Hat.  The shoot is scheduled for Sept 28th and 29th this month.  Marion would be a little over an hour away for you from New Albany and it would be a great place to start your OrangeHat work.  I will be the Shoot Boss and I would love for you to join us at that shoot. 

I am sure we will talk before then but check your schedule and see if that weekend works for you.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

TRDFurgesson

There is a trip on my schedule that weekend right now but something may change. 

Corvette

TRDFurgesson,

No problem, keep me posted if your schedule changes.  Corvette