News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Flagstaff 1st Appleseed Aug 24-25 2013

Started by PaxxAZ, August 26, 2013, 01:20:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaxxAZ

Jack Hammer Dreams and Learning to Pray for Rain.

While it may not seem like the normal thing to petition for rain with a 7 mile dirt Road leading to the range. A range that is under construction with questionable drainage channels at the moment. The semi-constant Industrial Sized jackhammering 60 feet from the line created an interesting Saturday. All of our sanity seemed a bit tested. This was all alleviated on Sunday with rain mud and some water coming over the Shooters area.

I want to congratulate everyone who came out, this was our First Appleseed in Flagstaff.
On saturday with the Jackhammering we were able to cover the fundamentals of firing a shot with a rifle. The Six steps, The hold factors, The Three Position, NPOA, Sling Use.
At Lunch we Heard the three strikes of the Match.
All the Shooters did a good job and showed good poise and persistence. When we ran a bit Later one had prior commitments and was not available for the benediction.

One Shooter on Saturday, brought out his 308 Scout Rifle with Ching Sling...he showed great improvement and kept the rest of the line awake.

Saturday’s sole AQT revealed a Rifleman in our midsts.

Sunday’s Rain kept a few shooters from the trip, but the pitter patter of rain with its added difficulties was a very welcome, when we discovered that it would keep the sound of the Jackhammer away. While no new Riflemen were discovered, a few new members of Morgan's rifle company where.

Flag Staff Appleseeders, this is your outlet/forum. Please note all the good, bad, indifferent. Questions, concerns, or just say hello and keep in contact with your fellow appleseeders in your area.

*Photos are coming as soon as they are taken off their device and transferred to Jpeg format.

One concern mentioned on Saturday I will address with the following quote taken from the registration page. 

"Safety Notice:
Rifles must be cased and left in vehicle until after the Safety Briefing. Do Not bring your firearms out until instructed to bring them to the firing line. No loaded firearms on the range unless on the firing line and load command has been given. Eye and ear protection required. No illegal firearms are allowed. Some ranges are .22 rimfire only. At ranges that allow centerfire no rifle cartridges over 8mm cal are allowed."

-Pablo

Edited to add signature.
There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

PaxxAZ

Here are some of the photos we took.
There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose