News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Press Release for Miamisburg, 7-8 September 2013 Sent Out

Started by DGMilty, August 26, 2013, 11:46:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGMilty

Title says it all!  Just sent Cox Media Group a Press Release for the upcoming Miamisburg shoot.

August 26, 2013 - Anyone who wants to learn traditional rifle marksmanship skills and the role they played in America's founding will want to register for an upcoming Project Appleseed event.  Project Appleseed is dedicated to bringing Americans closer to their heritage and passing on the tradition of rifle marksmanship in a fun, safe setting.

Project Appleseed events are a lot of fun for the entire family!  They offer safe, enjoyable, low-cost, hands-on activities that require no special rifles or equipment.  Youth learn safe firearm handling and the fundamentals of rifle marksmanship, while adults improve and refine their marksmanship skills.  The event ends in what seems to be only minutes, but the memories made last for a lifetime.

Participants will learn how to shoot rifles from practical field positions such as the prone, sitting, and standing positions.  They will learn the techniques that will improve their accuracy so they can place 10 rounds in a postage stamp sized target posted at 25 yards without using extra support such as a bench or sandbags.  Participants will also learn how civilian marksmanship played a pivotal role in the founding of our nation.

Project Appleseed welcomes attendance by all individuals regardless of experience level, political affiliation, gender, or religion.  Instructors have received specific training through an Adaptive Appleseed program to accommodate individuals with disabilities.

The Project Appleseed event will be held September 7-8, 2013  at the Miamisburg Sportsmen's Club, 6300 South Union Rd. Miamisburg, OH .  The event begins at 8:30 in the morning and ends at 5:00 in the afternoon.

Registration fees to attend both days are very affordable: $80 for men, $40 for women, $20 for youth under 18.  One child attending with their parent is FREE and active and reserve military, National Guard, peace officers, and disabled are also FREE with ID.  Reenactors in period dress are FREE.  Elected officials (with proof) are also FREE.  Participants can also attend for only one day at reduced rates.

Participants supply their own rifles and ammunition.

For more information:
Email:OH@Appleseedinfo.org
National Website: http://appleseedusa.org.

Project AppleseedĀ® is a registered trademark of the Revolutionary War Veteran's Association, Inc., a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.   -Thomas Jefferson

Corvette

DG, do you have a list of email addresses for the various news outlets in Ohio?  I would love to get a copy of that so we can all do a better job of trying to get some new coverage on upcoming shoots. email me what ever list you used for distribution on this at srb@teamsol.com.  thanks a bunch.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

para45acp

Let me know if I should ask for our media list and get that to you corvette. I think we have a pretty complete list...
Hence it is, that democracies have ever been found incompatible with personal security or the rights of property; and have, in general, been as short in their lives as they have been violent in their deaths

James Madison,,
Federalist Paper No 10

Corvette

PLEASE PLEASE, get the info for me.  We need to promote our shoots for the remainder of the year and that would be a great help.   We had a great shoot last weekend at Dillon, sorry you could not join us.  Dan and Dan were both a big help.  Send my thanks to both of them.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

jeep45238

I spread the word at work. Hopefully you'll see some people from WPAFB show up.  I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it due to prior engagements, but I'll try.
USAF A1C ~ Never settle for the ordinary.

Rights cease to exist when restrictions are put on them.