News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Atlanta IN, August 17-18 2013

Started by yellowhousejake, August 19, 2013, 10:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowhousejake

The weather man lied. We had a beautiful weekend for heritage.

A nice small line with plenty of one on one instruction. Saturday was a great pace, finishing up with the first AQT at a good time. We spent the day working through the six steps, the steady hold factors, natural point of aim, and some great history. Once we got everyone squared away, we talked a bit about why this program exists.

Oh, yea, we made some riflemen too. Rob brought it home with a very solid target, the kind you see from behind as they walk back to the equipment line, and you know it's a winner before they get to you. Cindy showed she doesn't shoot expert from luck, but from skill, re-qualifying yet again. As soon as the US Army gets done with her, Appleseed has plans...

Sunday we started down two students as Rob and Jay were unable to return. Jay though, made sure Jeff and Doubletap returned with borrowed rifes and ammo. Jay's been seventh stepping a bit.  ::)

We made Doubletap do duty as a demo model so I could spend some time tormenting him on all three positions. It must have paid off as he went from off paper to 3 MOA by 11 am, well done! Jeff improved as well once we corrected his sight alignment and loose scope issue. Dad went from left field to 3 MOA also. Centered in the black father and son would chase each other's scores all day.

I can generally classify students pretty well by noon Saturday. Richard I knew would be my slow steady learner. Everything for a reason, and always with the incremental improvements. Like Cindy, when he gets 210, he will be consistent and regular. His Rifleman patch will not be luck, and he is nearly there.

What did all this shooting get us? A new appreciation for who we are, and were we came from. The shooting taught us a valuable lesson, that we if can be trusted with the safety of our neighbors, we can be trusted with the welfare of our families and our own self governance.

Saving the country is easy, we just need to do it.

Yellowhousejake

Someone has got to have some pictures...
I have removed my email from my profile to stop the mod reports. If you need a Libertyseed scheduled you will now have to contact me on the Libertyseed forum.

YHJ

Niecie

Saturday morning, Kate's in charge.

Kate and Dnurk cover the six steps.

Let's talk about history.

Kate delivers a great third strike.

Rob delivers a Rifleman's AQT.

Cindy gets another expert score.

Beautiful weather, heritage, another weekend reminding us what we have. We hope to see you each on the line again. Anyone else got pictures?

Niecie

Dnurk

It was a great weekend. So pleased that Rob got his patch and it was fun watching Cindy deliver sustained accurate fire with such ease. 

And a message to "Doubletap".....be proud of what you accomplished this weekend.  You went from not hitting paper to putting 5 rounds in a one inch square on many of your 5 squares.  Keep practicing and come back again.   You will put it all together. 

A few pics

YHJ working with Doubletap as our Sunday morning position model.

Doubletap working on his prone

Ended up doing a little Garand work on Sunday afternoon

Richard1580

This was my second Appleseed, my first at Atlanta.  It was a blast.

We had a great time, my shooting improved and I got to meet some really great people.  Looking forward to returning and (hopefully) getting my rifleman patch. 

Thanks to all the folk who make Appleseed happen - you do a great job and it is greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

kate

I'm so sorry that I couldn't be there Sunday, but it looks like everyone had a great time  ;D

I look forward to seeing each of you on the line sometime soon!

-kate

Pilgrim83

Another great Appleseed! A sincere "thanks" to all who volunteered their time and talent to not only give us the tools to become better marksmen, but also share with us the distinguished and heroic history of the birth of this great country. Dave G., Dave N., Steve, Kate, Niecie, (and Kate's mom) you're all appreciated. Keep up the good work.

On a side note, this was my first Appleseed without having Gruntsoldier as an instructor, I don't know if he'll ever read this but I have to admit he's on to something with the whole "standing is the best position" thing. I love the off hand position now and I used to despise it! "Learn to rest and trust your NPOA"! It's simple, why did it take me so long to learn! :wb:

Hope to see you ALL on the line again real soon.

Pilgrim83

Oh and, by the way, I REALLY missed shooting YHJ's Garand on Sunday. Hope you all had fun!