News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Greene County Fairgrounds, IN. - Aug. 10/11, 2013

Started by slim, August 14, 2013, 07:55:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slim

When the range contact pulled up on a John Deere tractor, I knew I'd come to the right place. Corn bred, brass fed. Huzzah!

Several IITs were present with members of their family in tow. If not for their selfless efforts, we may not have had an event. Seems most of the 4H'ers were busy at the state fair and/or the big Miranda Lambert concert. Tyler was there though and that's all we needed to set the tone for the weekend. "Beat Tyler!"

His cousin Nikki, known henceforth as "Pinky's Out" due to her insistence on showing off and shooting one round at each square, gave him a run for his money early on. Our, "kind of lost and also kind of late" shooters Marilynn and Brecken did very well from the jump. I have to give special attention to Brecken because he had not one, but TWO customized Appleseed t-shirts with his name on them. This young man (of 11 years!) was sorted out. Seems to be a trend amongst the BC folks.

On Sunday we were joined by the dynamic duo of young brothers Brendan and Jackson.  After some great history and lunch we ran down the hill to defend the town against those redcoats. These "kids" did an awesome job all weekend long. No participation trophies for them!

Thanks to the Greene County 4H Rifle Team for hosting us and putting on a wonderful lunch too! Can't wait till next time. Pew, pew. 'murica!

tater

We didn't have a big shoot, but it was a good one for sure! I'm pretty sure Nikki had no idea what she was getting into, other than we were going to be shooting. She's got skills! Sorry Marilynn wasn't feeling good, but very glad she made the trip over so Brecken could get in some trigger time. I saw lots of improvement. Of course our super serious 4 h rifle club shooters were there getting in some practice as usual. Our imported shoot boss did an excellent job even though he didn't cut any hair this time. Thanks to HQ and SPQR for making sure we had good grub, those jalapeno and cheese dogs are awesome!
All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time. Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller