News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Waterman IL August 3 and 4 2013

Started by colycat, August 05, 2013, 09:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

OK, I have the IAAR done, so I can post on this AAR.

It was a good weekend, a really good weekend.  The group was small but was filled with the desire to shoot better.  And I think by the end of the weekend all were ready to step up,  as rifleman in spirit,  to save the "The most magnificent society on the face of earth.

And we had a lot of fun, although it was hard work for all.

I was sorry that Chad, Madison and Allison didn't make it back for day two.  You were all shooting so good and you gals looked , at the end of the day, like you had been running those firearms for years.  Good job young ladies.  ( I had a feeling that with your fair skin, Sunday was not in the cards)

Special shout out to Andre and Olena,  our newest Americans who came for Sunday, even though they were not signed up.  Olena,  I think you can now defend yourself and home,  as you shoot better than most gun owners.

Giani and Shannon it was a pleasure having you both here.  (Shannon was the official observer).  Giani,  watch that support hand,  remember its just support, and get your support elbow under the rifle.  You had some impressive groups at times.  Dry fire at home with your moms permission. :)

I am still trying to figure out that darn flicker, now that they changed everything. %)
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

2 clicks low

Thanks Coly and Kelso for letting me come by and sling some lead.
2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Kelso

The weather was beautiful even with the afternoon sunshine that was searing at times.  The group was small, but all of them brought their teachable attitudes. 

Madison and Allison, you are by far the most instruct-able young people I have had the pleasure to work with.  Come back sometime soon (that goes for all of the adults too!). 

Although no one shot the Rifleman score, there was lots of improvement made by everyone.  With practice and persistence, the scores will continue to improve.

Kelso
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

Kelso

Giani, you were also a very teachable young student.  You remembered the safety rules and safe rifle steps from last month.  Thanks for coming out with your mom on Sunday.
"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
― Samuel Adams

"No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders."
― Samuel Adams

HKSig45

Colycat and Kelso,

Thank you for the kind words.  Madi, Alli and I had every intention of attending Sunday, but it just didn't happen.

Next time we attend, we will be sure to bring long-sleeve shirts for the girls as a deterrent to hot brass.

Colycat, could you email me the group photo that was taken?

Thank you

Chad

colycat

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Johnnyappleseed

No tripod for the group photo ? Lol
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

DrRichP

Thanks to Colycat, Kelso and the Appleseed cadre that ran this successful weekend, and to all who attended.  Your journey to Rifleman has begun. Great job!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy