News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New Guy Here!

Started by topper, August 04, 2013, 05:50:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

topper

Hey guys,

Been checking out your program for a couple years and saying,"man, I gotta get signed up for one of those shoots."

Finally got signed up for the Gibsonburg Aug. 24-25 event and I'm really looking forward to it.

Better clean the rifle and get outside and sharpen up.

Thanks.

DrRichP

Welcome aboard topper. I am sure you're going to have a great time.

Be sure to read What to bring to your Appleseed Event at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=8162.0

An thank you for your participation!!
DrRichP

"You never know how far reaching something you think, say or do today will affect the lives of millions tomorrow" - B.J. Palmer
   Think about that as you go to work the next Appleseed!

"The secret of change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new." Socrates

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."-Benjamin Franklin

"What makes an insurrection here always more formidable than in other places is that there is a law of this province wh[ich] obligates every inhabitant to be furnished with a firelock, bayonet, and pretty considerable quantity of ammunition."  - Gen. Lord Hugh Percy

Cadence

Topper,
Don't forget to bring a centerfile rifle if you have one. Sunday brings the opportunity to shoot at 500 yds. ^:)^ If not, no worries, there will be other rifles for you to try out. :)
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

MeanStreaker

I have a feeling you'll have a great time! Thanks for checking into the forum. 
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Corvette

Welcome topper.  Thanks for signing on to the forum.  In prep for your shoot, please review the checklist of things to bring and prep.  Hopefully you have a semi-auto rifle with a GI loop sling.  Shooting mat or something to lay on in prone will be useful.  As you work the list, if you need something that you can't get in time, sing out, somebody may be able to help with a loaner.  Have a great time at your shoot, Posterboy will take great care of you and make sure you have a great shoot.

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!

topper

Thanks for the warm welcome!

WOW, 500 yards???!!! My current skill set does not take me out that far. There's going to have to be pretty good instructors to make that happen.  :)

I'll look at the what to bring list again. Should have everything covered except the shooting mat.

I can bring extra .22 bulk packs if anyone has trouble securing ammo before the shoot. If I can tune in my AR-22 between now and then I'll have an extra 10/22 with tech sights for a spare/loner.

Cadence

Topper,
I've seen people who have little or no experience apply the basics they have learned at 25 meters on Saturday and hit the target at 500 yds. on Sunday. The smiles it brings are priceless. Check the 'What to bring' list. If you don't have certain items, ie sling, some of the instructors will have loaners. You already seem to have one of the most important items - a teachable attitude. Look forward to meeting you.
"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the
whole force of the common enemy. While the people are virtuous they cannot be subdued; but when once they
lose their virtue then will be ready to surrender their liberties to the first external or internal invader."
~ Samuel Adams

Twineagles

Teachable attitude and lots of water key to an Appleseed. Hydrate early and often and then drink a little more. Enjoy your first shoot!

Mike
Every time I teach a class, I discover I don�t know something - Clint Smith

Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday. � John Wayne

topper

Hello,

Saturday is almost here and the weather forecast looks great.

I've run into a little snag securing the recommended sling from the Appleseed store. If it doesn't ship in time I'd like to borrow one if there's any extras.

How many folks are signed up so far?

Thanks

topper

Great weekend, great program.

Start to finish the program and instructors exceeded my expectations.

Thank you!

Corvette

topper, glad you enjoyed your first event.  ^:)^  Come join us again soon.  there are shoots this month in Miamisburg and Marion, Ohio, if you can make one of them, we would love to have you back on the line. 

Corvette
Be bold, brave and forthright and the bold, the brave and the forthright will gather around you!