News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Notification Spotty at Best?

Started by gmw, July 30, 2013, 02:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmw

A while back I selected the "Notify" option at the top of the MN board, with the intent that I receive email notification when new topics get posted.  Unfortunately, I very rarely receive notification on the state board.  PM notifications come through just fine.  Not sure what the deal is--anybody else having this problem?  (Not like you'd necessarily know if you're waiting for notifications...!)

Reddot

Shoot a PM to Scuzzy; If anybody can figure it out or fix it, it'll be him.

George Hacker

Is it possible that the forum notifications are getting filtered as spam on your side?
Tell your Pacific Northwest facebook friends to "like" and post in the Northwest Region Project Appleseed page.

"You can't miss fast enough..."  "Aim small, miss small."

gmw

Oops.  Apparently I was just missing notifications in my inbox (100 msgs a day is typical, most of it being noise...), and apparently if I don't go to the page no additional notifications are sent.  I've gotten a few alerts since then and it seems that as long as I come to the forum page, that's sufficient.  Sorry for the n00b-ness.