News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Instructors needed this weekend!

Started by voidoid, July 30, 2013, 01:06:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

voidoid

So far we have 5 registered shooters and NO instructors, IITs or a shoot boss.

We need to cancel this and let HSC know if no AS staff is going to show up.  Let's not leave shooters hanging.  We either need a shoot boss and a couple instructors/IITs or we need to cancel immediately.  AFAIK only a shoot boss can cancel an event.

Clearly we've got a problem with staff being stretched thin in MA.  Personally, I wish I could do more with AS (like step up as state coordinator), but I'm working full time, plus a side job and I just started a new company.  I know it's tough to spend a whole weekend on a shoot.  Last HSC shoot I worked out of my car and stopped in at the range to lend a hand when I could.  If there's a shoot on the calendar and everyone's too busy, maybe we can cobble together enough staff to cover the weekend in shifts if we have to- if it means preventing a cancellation and telling 5+ eager shooters they have to wait until September. 

Ideas?  More importantly, volunteers?
The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
~George Washington