News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Biloxi MS July 27 & 28

Started by Biloxi Steve, July 28, 2013, 08:36:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biloxi Steve

Biloxi, MS closed out another Appleseed this afternoon. We started Saturday morning with 4 hearty souls, 2 adults and 2 juniors. The words for the day were patience and perserverance. We had numerous rain showers roll through and at times the rain was coming down so hard we couldn't hear ourselves or any of the instruction. Fortunately none of the shooters left and we actualy had a good day. My hat is off to Allen, Connie, Brandi and Dylan for hanging tough.  Sunday the weather was much better, no rain, nice cloud cover, and reasonable temps, unfortunately, our youngsters weren't able to return so we only had the adults. Between Ebben and myself the shooters received some 1 on 1 instruction and we saw great improvement over the course of the weekend. I truly hope all 4 of the shooters enjoyed their weekend, feel like they received positive instruction and feedback, and mostly, that they will all attend future Appleseeds. I also want to thank my SB Ebben for making the trip from Memphis, and to the folks at the Coast Rifle and Pistol Range for their hospitality and once again allowing Appleseed the use of the facility.

dart67eb

Coming from my usual digs at Como, Biloxi was very nice.  Concrete and a roof over our heads!  Who could ask for more?  Our students did an outstanding job and I see Riflemen patches in their futures.  Steve did an outstanding job as SBIT.  They don't call him Biloxi Steve for nothin'!
Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.