News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

NE Instructor KD Day and Meet and Greet!

Started by gibbs459, July 27, 2013, 08:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gibbs459

Ok Nebraska Appleseed staff! We are getting a Instructor KD day set up at Pitspitr's place in Sargent. It will be November 9th. Please do everything you can to make it out. We have several new IIT's in the state and several old faces we haven't seen in a long time. This is our opportunity to meet our teammates and brush up on our KD skills. I am sure we all need to review and get back up to speed. This event is for Appleseed staff, Applecore and up! I want to see everybody! The EIP will be up shortly so mark your calendar and get registered!

Mike Nollett

Good stuff. I'll work at putting this on my calendar and figuring out which gun/ammo to use.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough

Pitspitr

For those of you wondering where Sargent is; Hold up a map of Nebraska stick your finger right where you think the center of the state is and you won't miss Sargent very far.

gibbs459

Pitspitr

I was the first to officially register. Who else is coming?

Mike Nollett

Just got signed up. Think I'll bring an M14SA.
"You'll never learn how to shoot, until you learn to shoot fundamentally"- Patrick McDonough

ssgnod

Pitspitr

Great!
I'm still trying to put faces with screen names. Was it you that I met Sunday?

Pitspitr

Most of you haven't been to it yet but this is the new Nebraska DAR KD range. The small white rectangle in the center of the photo below is the target backer.  It is made from 4 4X8 sheets of plywood.

ssgnod

Quote from: Pitspitr on August 20, 2013, 02:43:13 PM
Great!
I'm still trying to put faces with screen names. Was it you that I met Sunday?

yup that's me....can't wait to try your range!!!!

Pitspitr

Mike Nollett

I suppose so unless we can get someone else to sign up.

Pitspitr

I know there are a couple of guys that are even right in my neck of the woods, that we should get signed up. I'm surprised not to see Necede's name on the list too.

gibbs459

5 registered + me so far. I was kinda hoping we would have a little more interest from our NE Instructor core. This is supposed to be a fun day to get in a little trigger time and meet the other people in our state. We are pretty scattered from one end to the other and don't see each other often. I did receive an email from a SB in Wyoming, but that's a long way to travel for one day. Unfortunately, I'm not sure he will be joining us.

Well I guess this just means more room for us! Even more important more Food for us! You know I like to eat!  ;D I'm bringing the burgers and buns. Who wants to take care of the drinks and chips? Maybe someone else can bring some treats? I am guessing Pitspitr has a grill? And he is supplying the range... We should treat him and his family to a good lunch after all! ;)

Pitspitr

Quote from: gibbs459 on October 23, 2013, 11:48:26 PM
5 registered + me so far. I was kinda hoping we would have a little more interest from our NE Instructor core.

Me too!  :'( I'm looking forward to meeting those of you that I haven't run into yet....and I always enjoy sharing my playground.  ;)

Quote from: gibbs459 on October 23, 2013, 11:48:26 PM
I am guessing Pitspitr has a grill? And he is supplying the range... We should treat him and his family to a good lunch after all! ;)
I do! And if things go well the next couple of weekends, I might have a cabin at the range site that 2 or 3 of you could stay in the night before.

Mike Nollett

I can bring chips and drinks unless someone else wants to. Let me know if there are any preferences.

Pitspitr, do you have your cabin available? I'd much rather drive up the evening before instead of early the next morning.

Pitspitr

No I didn't get to work on it the last 2 weekends like I thought I would.  :wb: I need about 2 big full days of working on the building itself, then the better part of the day moving it.

Pitspitr

Folks from the Omaha area will want to take Interstate 80 to Grand Island. I used to tell people coming here from Omaha to take Highway 92 or 30 and go west. Those routes are shorter, but it does actually take less time to take the interstate. I never believed it until I had to go home through Lincoln and found out it was true. At GI get off at exit 312 and take highway 281 North to Highway 2. Follow highway 2 northwest to Ansley. At Ansley you will see a convenience store on the south side of the road. Just past the convenience store turn right onto highway 183. You will immediately go over an overpass. Immediately past the overpass you will turn left to stay on highway 183. Take highway 183 north to the first intersection north of the town of Sargent.

If coming from the panhandle take Highway 2 to Anlsemo. At Anselmo take State Road 21A (which eventually turns into the Victoria Springs Road) East.

At the intersection of Highway 183, Victoria Springs Road and Road 816(The Victoria Springs Road turns into Road 816 which is gravel) take road 816 (there is no road sign) and go 1.5 miles east. My mail box sits on top of a barrel. Turn left onto my driveway (Pit Spit Lane) Follow Pit Spit lane all the way to the north. When you get into my yard, go north of the house and turn left and go through the gate. Immediately after the gate bear to the right and go north to the top of the irrigation canal. Once on top the irrigation canal go east to the bridge and cross it. Once across the bridge bear to the right and follow the mowed trail to the top of the hill. From the top of the hill you will be able to see the flagpole at Camp Pitspitr.

gibbs459

Mike Nollett

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone and getting in some good trigger time.

Pitspitr

Thanks to all that came. I'm sorry you had to miss it to all that couldn't.(you don't know what you missed.)

John and Mike it was great to get to meet you!

It was a great day for it. Nearly perfect weather and a chance to shoot a suppressed M1A. For me it was a confirmation that shooting is a perishable skill.

It would appear that this will be an annual event and that we are going to host a RBC. 

Mike Nollett

I had a great time and look forward to doing it again. You've got a great venue there.
Doing known distance is something one can't do too much of.

Pitspitr

Cool picture Mike. Thanks for sharing it!

For those not there, the picture Mike shared was taken just a few feet from the 400 yd. line.

Pine Ridge Puma

Hey!!  Thanks for everything you guys did-sorry I wasn't tuned in to the NE page on the forum.  I sure would have brought some home baked goodies or something other than the granola bars that I had.  Jerry, we sure appreciate the use of your range-thanks.  Also for the chef work of Matt's good burgers.  Looking forward to seeing you all again.  John
When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them,  and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity.