News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Sacramento, CA July 20-21, 2013

Started by Lagboy, July 24, 2013, 04:57:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lagboy

Saturday was the start of another wonderful weekend at Appleseed in Sacramento. The weather was HOT, but that didn't stop the 9 guests eager to join us to learn rifle marksmanship and American heritage. First, as always safety was reviewed, and the fire hose of knowledge was turned on.

Around noon we broke for lunch and had the telling of the three strikes.

As the temps were rising so were the scores on the AQTs, Bill topped the day with a 198, right on the cusp of obtaining rifleman.

Saturday was wrapped up by awarding young patriot patches to 4 inspiring youth and for the CMP presentation, I unboxed a service grade HRA that finally arrived earlier this week, it was quite a specimen.

Sunday's weather was slightly cooler than Saturday, but that isn't saying much. With safety and lesson reviews completed by lunch, tales of dangerous old men and determined dames were told. The AQT grind commenced and groups were closing up. No riflemen were made that day, but Ken and Bill were knocking on that rifleman's doorstep with scores of 204 and 207.

In closing, I would like to thank all the attendees and hope to see those in pursuit of that  rifleman's patch back again.
And to the instructors, all of you did an ASTOUNDING job this weekend, thank you very much!! 

Scott AKA Lagboy
You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
-Sir Winston Churchill

Neve

A big thanks to everyone who came out last weekend, shooters and instructors alike, to make it another outstanding Appleseed! I hope to see you all very soon!

Mike

Melissa

Thank you all! Another fantastic weekend... Bill and Ken, your dedication and your spirit have already made you Riflemen in your hearts and minds, and we hope to see you back soon to claim the patch!  O0

^ Click here for PHOTOS! ^

To everyone else... thanks again!
Melissa

Eljay

@Melissa - the red hat suits you.  :)